Single in January - First resolution for 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to do this, but I need to figure out what camera I will shoot with every day (and lens). What will be indispensable on vacation, too. Hmmmm. I promise to get back to you in time.

Excellent to see so many taking up the challenge of photographing each day. Since 2012 will be my second year of my photograph a day project I like to join in too. I will use my GF1 and the 20mm lens.

Excellent to see so many taking up the challenge of photographing each day. Since 2012 will be my second year of my photograph a day project I like to join in too. I will use my GF1 and the 20mm lens.
Glad to have you on-board Wouter. A neat little compact you've chosen there mate. A classic I reckon...though I'm a little biased - January seeing us both using the best-of the SC bodies IMHO ;)

Im also in and I will use my GRD1 as its the most pocketable camera I have!
Great news Nikki. I'm especially glad you're bringing the original GRD for the ride. I believe there is no other compact - excepting Olympus...possibly because of their luscious blues - that has as sweet a JPG straight out of camera. I believe the GRDI still pops out the best B+W....well we'll all see in a matter of days (y)

So the Honour Roll has been updated reflecting the 'new' folks coming into the fray. It looks like a nice posse and it should be a very interesting challenge indeed. Not only for us to make a photo a day, nor for each of us to keep the spirit alive by encouraging each other, but more so that with that swelling of uploads that Amin (our esteemed Founder and Admin deity) has paid enough for the requisite bandwidth and storage for the month :laugh1:

Still a couple of days to go folks!

Reactions: BBW
hmm one photo each day of january from each of (at the moment) 36 people ... that's quite a large number ...

Maybe a thread per day? Would be MASSIVE if just one thread!
Remember photos are being loaded into the SIJ Galleries - see the intro here. In addition, I'll close this thread off on Jan 1 and we'll start another to share our experiences in. However. we have the whole "Image Quest" folder to play in and so I am happy enough for all SIJ related threads to start in there....I can move and merge as required in that space with my newly acquired Super Mod (echo, echo, echo) powers! ;)

Rules? Rules!? Didn't you get my memo scribbled on a fag packet? I'm a wild child, a rogueish type who incompetently sticks posts in the wrong place and is incapable of posting in the galleries. I rely on you moderator guru types to save me from my own stupidity.

Rules? Rules!? Didn't you get my memo scribbled on a fag packet? I'm a wild child, a rogueish type who incompetently sticks posts in the wrong place and is incapable of posting in the galleries. I rely on you moderator guru types to save me from my own stupidity.
:rofl:
Oh Heather you know that we Mod-types are control freaks. We live to rein you sort in, rain on your parade, and reign with such a uppity superior attitude. ;)
Funny thing is that deep down I'm just one of you, but I am petty and the power, oh it is so all-consuming....
Yeah right I'm as lazy and disorganised as they come (just ask BB :blush:)
SIJ is big, and I'm so glad for it :dance:, but if I let it go like I do my routine chores at home then we're all careening into a solid wall of disaster. So the Mods have given me the Image Quest sandpit for us to play in, so we can go wild and make all the mess we want in there.....and in our SIJ galleries.

think i'll open a thread and run it like a "PAD blog" ...
Remember though Paul, that the one-stop-shop for all of our photos is the SIJ gallery. This way all photos are marshalled into one place where we can visit and comment on photos as they appear. I'll have a primary thread there for us to share our experiences...but I fear if we have 35 blog entries that it might get too large for us to comment on and we'll neglect some entries just my sheer volume. Instead, we can each routinely visit the SIJ gallery and know which of the photos - in chronological order - you've have seen and CCed.

Of course, you can have an external blog and have your links to the SIJ gallery, but this will mean more overhead on your behalf. Having said that, I'd certainly visit (y)

Now that sounds like a very nice combo. I'll be watching carefully because here I am, considering the NEX7 (no money, but I can dream, can't i?)

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I have some of the means possible to feed my addiction / obsession.
Bought my NEX-5 = No beer for almost a year
Bought my CV Nokton 35mm 1.2 V2 = Quit smoking
Planning to purchase the NEX-7 = Sold all of my other camera gear (at least someone else gets to use them rather than collecting dust in my closet)

Bloody hell GAS hurts....;)

I have to change my selection to a Fixed-Lens Camera- the Canonet Ql17l, fixed 40/1.7 lens. This is a nice one that I put together out of 2 broken cameras, and the lens is a "pick of the litter" among Canonets.

I will still post pictures with the Nikon SP in the Film forum. The problem? I could not take a 2-mile walk without changing lenses and shooting 1/2 roll of film. The SP is unusual for a rangefinder camera in that it has 6 sets of framelines for the 28/35/50/85/105 and 135 lenses. And I have those... The 70 year old Weston light meter is still going strong.

My 40th Birthday present to myself. Came out the same year that I did- 1957. Much smaller and more compact than a Nikon F, but main controls are in the same location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back