Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021 - day 11

Name
Matt
Start Date
Jan 11, 2021
End Date
Jan 11, 2021
Since it's actually directly tied to this day of the month:

Surprisingly thought-provoking (provocative language notwithstanding). It also saved you from some history lesson or other ;)

M.

Well, I did have plans to get outside, but I am so tired, I just cannot.

2241CF6B-3134-41A7-8BF6-9D6ECF47F78D.png

The Frist Baptist Church of Lexington. This is historically the African-American church in town. I was taking some outside pictures and Rev. Williams came by and kindly offered to let my take an inside shot. This was great because I normally don't wander into other churches without permission.
first baptist.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
It's my day off, I'm just sitting at home chilling out and writing up a background piece for a Science Fiction Role Playing Game I hope to run someday. Got pondering my daily shot while doing a book & knife image when I noticed my dear old best friend (we've been friends for 53 years now ;) ) and thought I'd take a portrait with his EDC knife :LOL:
DSC_2292.jpg

My photo today comes from... the kitchen. I was wandering around, looking at... everything. And trying to see it all with new eyes, so to speak. Easier said than done. But I came up with a handful of pictures that I like... and had a difficult time choosing between them.

The one I picked is of a glass oil & vinegar dispenser, which sits on a window ledge. But it could easily have been one of the others...so I will include them in today's 'outtakes.

PenF_Jan11_21_oil+vinegar_dispenser.jpg

Looks like some engines that haven't moved in quite awhile between the grass growing and the rusting on the top of rails that gets knocked off if a train moves over them. Nice shot, love the light in the cabin windows.
This is on Galveston Island. There are probably more than 100 locomotives parked there. Some are very old, some not so much. I was there today close to sunset.

Back