Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021 - day 12

Only when you get home and look at the photographs, do you realise that the restaurant dishwasher didn’t do its job too well. I’ve edited out the really grubby bits. The Eggs Benedict (aka eggs benny) was very nice.

0581DBA6-9636-47DF-9B3B-2BD967017D11.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

If needs must.

210112-L1050166.JPG

Matt to the rescue

Matt is the tractor driver from Croft Farm at West Charleton, I'd got to the point where there was going to be no image today, I wasn't about to repeat anything like yesterdays appalling entry, then I heard the unmistakable sound of a flail at work. Thankfully the rain had eased considerably so when Matt turned the tractor at the farm entrance I even got three or four minutes of precious conversation with him (see outtakes).

Barrie

An AWESOME photograph, Matt.

I know you have talked about the problems you've experienced with the GX9, but I have to say that any camera which can produce a picture like this...is a pretty fine photographic tool.

Of course, the old adage about the photographer's vision being responsible for the image, and not the hardware, is true... but regardless, for me, this is one fantastic image.

My entry today is simple: the outside of an old (19th century) and semi-falling-apart cabin, which is one of the 'outbuildings' that belongs to the old farmhouse where I live.

Today in Oregon, it's been cold, wet and raining, but every time that I take the time to examine this old building, both outside and inside, it fascinates me. Was this really how people lived waaaay back when?

PenF_Jan12_21_Cabin.jpg

I took a whole series of photographs of the cabin, which I'm posting in today's Outtakes thread.

Back