Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021 - day 14

4D34FA57-E0E9-44EA-9F65-CCA32FDA07EF.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Unlike every day this week where the weather was fine, giving me an excuse to travel on a ferry pre golden hour and get some easy shots for the challenge, I went to the garden to check the weather and it was grim. I thought to myself I'm not lugging my camera around today when it's like that. So I thought I'd take a picture of what greeted me to show you how grim it was.

DSC_2770.jpg

Ironically, it got to 10.30am then turned into the hottest day this year. I suppose I should check the weather forecast.

Unlike every day this week where the weather was fine, giving me an excuse to travel on a ferry pre golden hour and get some easy shots for the challenge, I went to the garden to check the weather and it was grim. I thought to myself I'm not lugging my camera around today when it's like that. So I thought I'd take a picture of what greeted me to show you how grim it was.

View attachment 245885
Ironically, it got to 10.30am then turned into the hottest day this year. I suppose I should check the weather forecast.
Yep, turned into a stinker. We’ve got thunder and lightning right now thank goodness, cooling it down!

Super-corny safety: Improbably twins ...

PGX91060.jpg

The reason: It's been snowing heavily the whole day. Around my home, it's just above(!) freezing, and everything, including the snow that's still falling, ist dripping wet; I tried using the camera, but it got wet immediately, and since GX9 isn't weather-sealed (it really isn't - the microphone holes are on top, and the tilting EVF has lots of points of ingress for water), I had to get out of the snow quickly. So, what to do? Well, the Sofort and Classic Neo 90 are ready to be taken on a round of side-by-side shooting (soon - not in this weather!), so I figured they'd do as well as anything else.

I'll have to put up with these conditions until tomorrow afternoon, it appears. I'll try for a different kind of indoor shot tomorrow - with different subject matter, I hope.

M.

My entry today partially violates the concept of a 'Single' photograph - because in taking it I realized the only way it would work, is as a series of two, inter-related images. To give credit where credit is due, the idea for this (these!) image (images) was inspired by Matt's entry for today, Day 14 - of his Instax camera - which made me realize I haven't used my own Instax for too long. Then I remembered I currently have a 'pack' of black & white instant film in my Instax - and I thought it might be cool both to photograph my Instax - just as I was taking an 'instant photo' of myself - and then take a 2nd photo... of the finished instant photo produced by my Instax.

Re-reading the preceding paragraph, it sort of makes sense to me; I hope it's not too complicated to follow. But, an image is worth a thousand complicated explanatory words --- so here is what I came up with:

First, my photo of my Instax, just after taking the instant-photo of myself photographing it (you can see the instant film, reversed, protruding from one side of the camera)--

PenF_Jan11_21_Instax_camera.jpg

And second, my photo of the instant photo itself - of myself photographing the Instax.

PenF_Jan11_21_Instax_photo.jpg

Whew.
Kind of a fun way to waste a few minutes, regardless.

Back