Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021 - day 15

Name
Matt
Start Date
Jan 15, 2021
End Date
Jan 15, 2021
Today marks the 20th anniversary of - Wikipedia:

Yes, 2001-01-15 was the day the site went online. It's come a long, long way - while basically maintaining all principles it's based upon. Pretty darn impressive.

M.

Am I first? Where's Sue? Anyway, couple of urban ones from me, one here and one on the outtakes thread.

DSC_2775.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M is for Meander

This is a stream which had been very prone to blocking and flooding. The landowner (ultimately the Queen, through the Duchy of Lancaster which owns a lot of land and property around here since it was sold to the Crown when the last Earl of Crewe died) has had the stream dredged, most vegetation removed, and the banks smoothed. Those banks are already beginning to collapse, but so far the flooding has not recurred.
5E9566B2-D005-4603-A89D-5FBCC4E855EB.jpeg

Another busy day for me. Had a full day of work, had to go and get my dog from her training session. Got back home and it was dark out and I didn't really want to go back out.

My wife got tired of hearing me try and figure out what to take a picture of today. So she said, "Here, take a picture of this!"
I responded with, "Hold it right there!"

Went and got the camera from my office....and well, the rest is history or as Paul Harvey used to say, "Now you know the REST of the story!".

Ilford Delta 3200 Film Simualtion
01-15-2021_dani_XT030791.jpg

This afternoon, cold, grey, cloudy and threatening rain which never arrived, I drove to a neighboring town which boasts a fine cheese-making establishment, aka a 'creamery'. Parked outside the store, there is an old pickup truck whose decorations have been modified to reflect the 'creamery' - and also the cows from whose milk the cheese is made. I took a series of shots of the truck; this was my favorite---

PenF_Jan15_21_Creamery_truck#4.jpg

I'm posting some of the other shots from the series on today's 'outtakes' thread.

Back