Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021 - day 16

These kiddies parks can be lovely places to sit down in solitude, maybe have a bit of breakfast on one of the many benches and listen to the birds chirp (so long as you get there nice and early long before the kids, mums and dads arrive).

DSC_2778.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

N for Norman
...not the name of this chap/ess, but he/she is a detail from a now blocked-up doorway in the village church. The doorway is the oldest part of the church, dating back to the middle of the 12th century (hence Norman). I'll put a view of the whole doorway in the outtakes thread.
P1011351-2.jpg

I haven't felt inclined to leave my bedroom today. Outside is uninviting - cold, windy and unappealing. The current stay at home order allows me to go out to exercise, and probably I should, but for today I'm content to just sit still. I'm wrapped up in my blanket enjoying the Accidentally Wes Anderson book that I got for Christmas with Tintin. I think if he could speak he would tell me to try this photo again so he's more in focus but I think I might just go run a bath instead. :)

L1020277.jpg

I haven't felt inclined to leave my bedroom today. Outside is uninviting - cold, windy and unappealing. The current stay at home order allows me to go out to exercise, and probably I should, but for today I'm content to just sit still. I'm wrapped up in my blanket enjoying the Accidentally Wes Anderson book that I got for Christmas with Tintin. I think if he could speak he would tell me to try this photo again so he's more in focus but I think I might just go run a bath instead. :)

View attachment 246145
I was hoping you would do a few of these.

I know what you mean. None of my current cameras have a flip out screen so I know and accept that gymnastics are part of the deal.
The problem is that adjusting focus when using the screen is so tedious with this setup that I usually fall back on the EVF when shooting close-up ... The GX9 *has* the tilt screen, but it was impossible to keep things in focus when holding the camera out in front of me, let alone framing. But it came out okay - and somehow, it was more rewarding.

M.

View attachment 246169

Taking this image necessitated some major gymnastics on my part - which in turn influenced my pick for today ...

M.
I got so used to the FA screen on the X-S10 that I notice how often I struggle with the X-100V and it’s merely flippy screen. I have become addicted to taking shots from very different angles and perspectives

have become addicted to taking shots from very different angles and perspectives
The variable angle screen is so much more useful than a tilty one. And much much more than a standard screen. I’ve had to forego a number of ground level shots because gymnastics are beyond me... that is one shortcoming of the GR.. and is why under normal circumstances I reach for the FZ1000 or P610... the only cameras I have with those screens.

Back