Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021 - day 16

Well it seems my TIVO DVR needs a new hard drive. It's and older HD unit, but I have lifetime subscription on the service so I'm keeping it going even if it is a bit outdated.

EM121107.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

At long last my first day on downhill skis this winter 'season'. Our local (southern Oregon) ski mountain is Mt. Ashland - and its south side offers generally beautiful views of a mountainous part of northern California, which borders Oregon. I took this from the edge of the Mt. A parking lot, before putting my skis on.

PentF_Jan16_21_Looking_South_Mt_A(mono).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm posting a color version of this in today's outtakes. For those curious what the POV looked like once I got my skis on, I'm posting that in todays Day 230 of the ongoing Day-to-Day Challenge thread.

I haven't felt inclined to leave my bedroom today. Outside is uninviting - cold, windy and unappealing. The current stay at home order allows me to go out to exercise, and probably I should, but for today I'm content to just sit still. I'm wrapped up in my blanket enjoying the Accidentally Wes Anderson book that I got for Christmas with Tintin. I think if he could speak he would tell me to try this photo again so he's more in focus but I think I might just go run a bath instead. :)

View attachment 246145

It's good to see TinTin up and about again, especially in front of that cool Fotoautomatica booth - and for my taste, he has just the right amount of focus ;) I'm also curious about how you are liking the book... would you recommend it?

Last edited:
I haven't felt inclined to leave my bedroom today. Outside is uninviting - cold, windy and unappealing. The current stay at home order allows me to go out to exercise, and probably I should, but for today I'm content to just sit still. I'm wrapped up in my blanket enjoying the Accidentally Wes Anderson book that I got for Christmas with Tintin. I think if he could speak he would tell me to try this photo again so he's more in focus but I think I might just go run a bath instead. :)

View attachment 246145
Wes Anderson makes some of the coolest movies. Offbeat, esoteric and very entertaining. I would like to know how you feel about that book too.

Back