Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021 - day 17

Good morning.

DSC_2782.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PGX91081.jpg

Very unhelpful conditions for shooting today (drizzly, uncomfortable, and I'm a bit worn out from ... well, you know). Just one shot fired in "anger" with the SiJ combo (even though I actually was trying for something specific, but not a chance in this weather; I hope I can go back at some later point in time) - so here you go.

Somehow, today, I feel a lot like that birch tree ...

M.

L1020314.jpg

I'm still strolling through the Accidentally Wes Anderson book but will say I'm finding it a treat. While a few of the photographs might be considered by some to be a little pedestrian there are many gems that truly provoke the wonder and visual delight of the worlds brought to us by Wes Anderson and cinematographer, Robert Yeoman, in The Grand Budapest Hotel and their other films. The colours are an absolute joy and the images themselves (even the pedestrian ones which are still very good) do inspire me to go out and find my very own Accidentally Wes Anderson shots once the lockdown restrictions are finally lifted.

A warning: This is K-Pop - my first real encounter. Worth a heads-up (i.e. maybe a warning) ...

Say what you want (I certainly am *no* fan of stuff like this), production quality is impressive.

M.
My interest in amine has made me a fan J-Pop, although I prefer the solo females to the boy bands. There's my confession for the day.

Chemists are unrepentant pack rats. It's amazing what we have in the attic.
View attachment 246291
Finally got around to looking stuff up. The Mac SE was the original Mac with refinements and a (wait for it) 20 Mb hard drive. The Canon Cat was basically a high end dedicated word processor of which I was completely ignorant until today. Both 1980’s vintage.

Last edited:
Inspired by Steve's post today, I realized it was time to pull my old Mac Powerbook laptop out of metaphoric mothballs and make certain that it is still functional. It IS - and also, in spite of its relative heaviness and bulk compared to my modern MacBook Air, this semi-ancient laptop still has (I think) one of the best keyboards ever designed and manufactured for any laptop, ever. Maybe writers are unrepentant packrats also?

PenF_Jan17_21_Pismo_Powerbook.jpg

As a side-note for nerds, my ancient Powerbook is an Apple 'Pismo', the last (and best) Mac laptop made with the older G3 CPU. But being the nerd that I am, mine was upgraded to a then-modern G4 PPC processor, with the (then!) impossibly rapid speed of 550Mhz.

Had a family Zoom call tonight, got to talking about days gone by. So with that in mind here's today's shot. My father, grandfather, and uncles were all chicken farmers (a little operation, 3-4 farms, 300,000 laying hens at the home farm). They worked with The University of New Hampshire back in the 1950's to develop a new bread of chicken and copyrighted the name Super Chick. Detail shots in the alternatives thread.

EM121108.jpg

Back