Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021 - day 18

Damn, had these guys lined up in focus in a decent composition in quick time but the lens didn't respond, this is one of the shots I got as they were flying away.

DSC_2785.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was commenting about the Canon Cat the other day because I dearly enjoy playing with vintage computers and emulators. Here's a shot over into the vintage corner. The DEC Alphastation was incredibly high powered workstation in 1994. Now I can set up an emulated Alpha on a PC that runs rings around it. Sic Transit Gloria Computer... ;)

DSC_2340.jpg

Damn, had these guys lined up in focus in a decent composition in quick time but the lens didn't respond, this is one of the shots I got as they were flying away.

View attachment 246377
That's one reason I don't like focus by wire mirrorless lenses much anymore (that that you were using one of these), you can't just rack focus to infinity and shoot. I appreciate lenses with good focus throws and clear markings more and more the longer I use a rangefinder. The Ricoh GR III is the rare digital camera which offers the same functionality. You still got a good shot though!

Went for a walk up the country lane which leads into the nearby hills today, a cold, crisp, foggy day. Along the way, here and there, my eye was caught by patches of green amidst the dominant grey --- including these small mosses which I stopped to stare at---

PenF_Jan18_21_moss_on_rock.jpg

Back