Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021 - day 20

rayvonn

Hall of Famer
DSC_2803 copy.jpg

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
With storm Christoph raging I didn't expect to get outside today, however the storm actually delivered me a photo opportunity.

210120-L1050323.JPG

Emergency tree lopping

With a tree threatening to come down across the A379 as it descends towards the village emergency work had to be carried out. I was lucky that during the work the rain eased off somewhat so I avoided getting drenched.

Barrie

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Had to make a trip to a local supermarket this morning for different odds and ends and purchases. I didn't really need to buy another muffler. But, after seeing this one, I am having second thoughts...

PenF_Jan20_21_Duck_Designed_in_Canada.jpg

As a minor side note, I am a transplanted Oregonian and the mascot of the University of Oregon is (or should I say, 'are') a Duck... or 'the Ducks'. Supposedly, when the sports teams from the U of O play well, this is known as a 'Quack attack'. And as I write these words, I can hear the calls of other waterfowl (Canada geese, not ducks) flying overhead with their typical 'honk, honk, honk, honk'.

gryphon1911

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew
After reading through the discussion thread, I decided that if I need to, I can throw my efforts toward those things that I love! Training my dog is one of those things, so out for a walk today, I had her do a "place" at a park bench while I got out my camera equipment and snapped this shot of her while I waited.

I picked this park because I was having too many run ins with people not respecting social distancing in my normal walk about areas. So the girl and I will go and do our own thing!

Shot a JPG in camera, then used DxO Filmpack5 Fuji Pro 400H film simulation for this one.
01-20-2021_sij_nova_XT030808-Edit.jpg

We did about 4 miles today, which is good for both of us!! :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom