Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021 - day 23

Name
Matt
Start Date
Jan 23, 2021
End Date
Jan 23, 2021
In this day and age, it may be worth remembering that conspiracy theories are nothing new ...

I found the real story behind the main character, Karl Koch, quite intriguing when I first read about it some 20 years ago ... The "23" lead me to the film, of course.

It's worth noting that the myth and the controversy live on ...

M.

This guy, treating my house as his home. Still sleeping, hasn't woken up yet. Another example of living under sweltering heat every day.

DSC_2815.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I noticed that our street lights seem a lot brighter than they were, I guess council has been around and cleaned them, or replaced the globes. Anyway, light through the tuckeroo tree on my car... and possibly the worst photo I have ever submitted for anything, any time. It was worth the try, though and I may repeat with a more capable low light camera in the near future.
6051867A-507C-4DDF-9F08-B684314CE626.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In this day and age, it may be worth remembering that conspiracy theories are nothing new ...

I found the real story behind the main character, Karl Koch, quite intriguing when I first read about it some 20 years ago ... The "23" lead me to the film, of course.

It's worth noting that the myth and the controversy live on ...

M.

I remember reading about this film, Matt, and wanting to see it - and then, somehow, never getting around to it. And then (sigh) forgetting about it (as happens, all too occasionally). Without giving too much away, what did you think of the movie?

I remember reading about this film, Matt, and wanting to see it - and then, somehow, never getting around to it. And then (sigh) forgetting about it (as happens, all too occasionally). Without giving too much away, what did you think of the movie?
Sorry, Miguel, I've only read about the case (not Karl Koch in particular, but the whole German-hacker-cum-Russian-spy thing, concerning the group he was part of), and the account mentioned the film and the controversy around it; I haven't seen the film yet - also because I'm really *not* into conspiracy theories and always felt it allude to them, judging from what I'd read. In fact, even when searching YouTube, you'll happen on the alternative take on events disconcertingly quickly (even though most of that stuff is in German, so YMMV). But you're right, I definitely should watch the film, if only to form my own proper opinion about it. Maybe once the term is over ...

M.

Back