Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021 - day 26

There *is* a point to this image. Getting up early in the morning and seeing the sky like this sinks the heart. You know in the middle of summer that you won't be able to leave the house, and so it proved today. Hottest day of the year so far. It's the lack of wind making outside akin to the inside of an oven that I find so offensive, you don't get tanned, you get burned. Btw, you may think this was a quick point and shoot job, it actually took me 3 attempts!

DSC_2831.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

There *is* a point to this image. Getting up early in the morning and seeing the sky like this sinks the heart. You know in the middle of summer that you won't be able to leave the house, and so it proved today. Hottest day of the year so far. It's the lack of wind making outside akin to the inside of an oven that I find so offensive, you don't get tanned, you get burned. Btw, you may think this was a quick point and shoot job, it actually took me 3 attempts!

View attachment 247162
All the best, Ray - and Sue, too.

M.

P.S. It's kind of a helpful diagnostic, too (check upper edge). Faint, but definite - a small blower should do it.

All the best, Ray - and Sue, too.

M.

P.S. It's kind of a helpful diagnostic, too (check upper edge). Faint, but definite - a small blower should do it.
Thanks, I did see that, had a look and it seems to be the lens (which I'll likely never use again after the challenge:LOL:). That blower worked like a charm on my rangefinder.

Another day, another weather system. Here the sky is various shades of grey with rain, mostly heavy with the odd lighter break. It has been raining since before dawn and is forecast to go on until after dusk. Whilst it's early in the day I don't foresee being able to get much else so I've just nipped out during one of those lighter spells of rain to behind the Dutch Barn that's alongside my cottage. This is my homage to a modern art installation, so let me introduce you to:-

210126-P1120532.JPG

A pile of wet slate :LOL:

as exhibited by Barrie

Last edited:
Feeling Bleah today, mostly just tired from a very long week last week (Monday and Tuesday are my weekend. The joy of an innkeepers week.). I got thinking about the comments on the "Accidently Wes Anderson" book that I, alas, don't own. So my bestest buddy and I decided to read the book that's taught me more than any other photography book, Ansel Adam's "Examples - The Making of 40 Photographs"

DSC_2388.jpg

I've been getting into using my Lomography Instant camera much more lately; mine is the more complex Automat Glass model which features a nicer lens than the base models, a wider FOX, but also requires manual focusing which can be tricky. But I finally discovered that measuring the exact distance in centimeters - from focal plane to subject - actually means that I can get photos that are truly in focus! Today - a cold, windy, gray day - I wound up getting a very sharp self-portrait ---

And so, because I'm guilty of loving to play photographer's games, my entry for today is a second 'selfie' taken with my Pen F - but I'm holding up my lomography instant print in the photo - aka the photographer photographing the photographer's photo of the photographer ( 🙃 ) ---

PenF_Jan26_21_Selfie_with_Instax.jpg

Back