Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021 - day 28

Well it's been a long day, a new cider and desert or it would have been a cat pic today.
EM121180.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 247359

I have also been mixing things up within the pages of the wonderful Accidentally Wes Anderson book today and landed on this Turkish cat from Instanbul. The instax print he's now perched on is of the entrance to Anata no Warehouse, Kawasaki from 2019 (originally shot with the GRIII). I figured if he got curious or hungry, he could pop in.

This is such a cool photograph. Or should I say collage. Or simply a visual adventure. Especially when a Turkish cat can step across the Bosphorus and directly into the Kanagawa prefecture where there will be multiple stories in the Warehouse each with untold nooks and crannies optimal for curious feline explorations.

I read somewhere the Anata no Warehouse had shut down in 2019 - presumably you were able to visit it before its doors closed? And, I'm curious (just like the cat): what was it like?

Oops! My bad, Martin! a mental slip (one Wes is not the same as another, though both are renowned directors) - but I've corrected my mental typo - thanks for bringing it to the attention of the few still-functioning neurons up there in the cerebral cavity 😜
Ah, I'd assumed I was the one who was mistaken! Time for more coffee, I think!

This is such a cool photograph. Or should I say collage. Or simply a visual adventure. Especially when a Turkish cat can step across the Bosphorus and directly into the Kanagawa prefecture where there will be multiple stories in the Warehouse each with untold nooks and crannies optimal for curious feline explorations.

I read somewhere the Anata no Warehouse had shut down in 2019 - presumably you were able to visit it before its doors closed? And, I'm curious (just like the cat): what was it like?

I did, I was there just a week or so before it closed. I've got a few photographs from inside, if I have time over the weekend I'll post them in the discussion thread. Inside it felt dark, dirty and seedy, but amazing and fun. I'd never seen an arcade like it before.

Back