Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021 - day 5

So far, everything is being shot around whichever house I'm in without the need for even a stroll, I seem to be getting away with it so far.

DSC_2657 bw.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

England is catching up with other parts of the UK and entering a new lock down phase to counter a rise in Covid 19 cases. Whilst it's not yet the law to only leave your house for essential purposes only it will be in about 16 hours time. My project for this SIJ was to wander the streets of my nearest market town and try and catch spontaneous moments, I can no longer justify doing that with the restrictions coming into play. I'm not yet sure how, or indeed if I will carry on. Yesterday evening I did suggest a change in my camera choice and a different direction, reverting to photography within the parish, but I have photographed most places in the parish and nothing much spontaneous happens here.
In the meantime a very early start today reflecting the news, it will give me time to ponder.

210105-L1050076.JPG

Lockdown

Barrie

England is catching up with other parts of the UK and entering a new lock down phase to counter a rise in Covid 19 cases. Whilst it's not yet the law to only leave your house for essential purposes only it will be in about 16 hours time. My project for this SIJ was to wander the streets of my nearest market town and try and catch spontaneous moments, I can no longer justify doing that with the restrictions coming into play. I'm not yet sure how, or indeed if I will carry on. Yesterday evening I did suggest a change in my camera choice and a different direction, reverting to photography within the parish, but I have photographed most places in the parish and nothing much spontaneous happens here.
In the meantime a very early start today reflecting the news, it will give me time to ponder.

View attachment 244900
Lockdown

Barrie
Barrie, the way you think through taking your images of basically anything, you will easily complete the challenge, lockdown or not.

Barrie, the way you think through taking your images of basically anything, you will easily complete the challenge, lockdown or not.
Ray, it's extremely kind of you to say that, and I do really appreciate it. It does however increase the challenge and might take me to areas I'd never contemplated going, that might be a good thing, and then again it might not. I do have to have an interest in subjects I tackle which would probably rule me out of any professional involvement where you have to tackle whatever assignment comes along. I can't see me tackling objects around the house for the next 26 days and my walking from home will involve negotiating one of three very muddy farm lanes, the narrow main road through the village has no pavements (sidewalks) and involves a degree of risk from injury by vehicles. I've photographed my small and sparsely populated parish many times such that there are few subjects left. This will tax my imagination somewhat, watch this space 😀

Barrie

This reflects my mood. I went out for a bike ride and quickly returned because I didn't feel like it and went to the nearby shopping center for some errands; took this one because I didn't want to quit the challenge only 5 days in.

S01-20210105-002.jpg

Fortunately something else happened a little while later that lifted my spirits.

Back