Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021 - day 7

Had morning tea at a friend’s house today, with a couple of others. They refused to be photographed so here is a cupcake instead. My friend made a truckload.

4353914D-F072-4C2C-867F-7115B80A00F6.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm sorry but there will be no image from me today. I did take one image but I do not intend to post it, it was taken to satisfy the "rules" of this challenge and for no other reason, it has no great merit as a subject, it has no reason to be taken, because of that it is poorly executed and rather mundane, there was no passion put into it and it shows. If I had put some passion in then hopefully I would have made more of the shadow detail, that would have involved waiting for the sun to have moved to a better position in the sky. An alternative would have been a lower angle for the shot, but given the fixed LCD and EVF I would have had to drop down to the ground. These days I can get down there, it's getting back up again that is proving difficult 😀. Maybe tomorrow.

Barrie

I'm sorry but there will be no image from me today. I did take one image but I do not intend to post it, it was taken to satisfy the "rules" of this challenge and for no other reason, it has no great merit as a subject, it has no reason to be taken, because of that it is poorly executed and rather mundane, there was no passion put into it and it shows. If I had put some passion in then hopefully I would have made more of the shadow detail, that would have involved waiting for the sun to have moved to a better position in the sky. An alternative would have been a lower angle for the shot, but given the fixed LCD and EVF I would have had to drop down to the ground. These days I can get down there, it's getting back up again that is proving difficult 😀. Maybe tomorrow.

Barrie

We all have our standards to which we hold ourselves. Nothing is more disappointing than us disappointing ourselves.

If you feel the best way for you to submit an image is to only submit those that meet your standard, then I think we all can respect that.

We all do this exercise for specific reasons. Some of us want to belong, others want to push themselves to produce something every day.

Nothing but mad respect from me for someone that draws a line in the sand and sticks by their decision.

Last edited:
I have always had an addiction to weird toys - and now, since my older son has two very young children who also seem to have a fondness for toys, it's yet another excuse (as if any were necessary) to populate different nooks and crannies of the house with toys. This particular plastic dog functions as a propulsion device: when one gives him/her/it a hard 'pop' in the stomach, it propels the little yellow ball from his/her/its mouth at a relatively high (for a tiny toy) rate of speed - towards whatever target one has chosen...

PenF_Jan7_21_dog_toy.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Arf! Arf!

Back