Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021: outtakes day 19-24

Thought I'd nip outside again and put the "tiny window", the entry for day 19, in context.

210119-L1050286.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Barrie

Man, in the right light, your setup really shines. Or it might also be the processing unit responsible for pressing the shutter!
Thanks a lot, Andrew - let's just say that the Laowa 7.5mm f/2 really shines at this kind of shot; and the GX9's IQ is the main reason I still have that camera. But more to the point: I was late on my way back home yesterday (I took the long way and stayed out longer than planned); the benefit was that I was literally walking towards the sunset ...

M.

The first indication I got of any problem was when I heard a chainsaw in operation. From my kitchen door I could see a workman in a cherry picker up on the road. If you look very carefully you'll see him slap bang in the middle of the shot, but it's hardly very interesting.

L1050311.JPG

So a walk up to the road was required, thankfully there was a lull in the heavy rain. This is the view I obtained from the top of the grassy bank at the farm entrance.

L1050313.JPG

I then ventured a walk up the road, not a good idea normally but I got some protection from speeding traffic by the traffic lights. I triggered them a couple of times in approaching them, thankfully no one at the other end could see me since there was no traffic to come through from my end so I held them up for no good reason 😀. That enabled me to get closer and obtain the shot posted for the day. I realised afterwards in my "excitement" at obtaining anything I hadn't adjusted the iso level from 200 but I got away with it, just like photojournalists of old.

Barrie

I had prepared a visually boring indoor shot if I hadn't had the lucky break that got me my post for day 20, both in terms of subject and rain, it came on again shortly afterwards and is still raining heavily,

210120-L1050307.JPG

James Ravilious-photographer of rural life in Devon

This guy is my inspiration in terms of rural photographic images, he came along just in time to capture a disappearing way of life.

Barrie

In trying out the new lens this morning I got a little trigger happy, these might not be the best compositions but give some idea of what this fun walk around lens can achieve. Since this is within the parish and not much more than a mile from home I'll be revisiting for some of the better opportunities, particularly if we do ever get a bit of sun to liven things up.

210121-P1120410.JPG

210121-P1120450.JPG

210121-P1120444.JPG

210121-P1120441.JPG

These shots have had a little tweaking to the out of camera jpegs, levels and/or contrast, shadows and highlights.

Barrie

In trying out the new lens this morning I got a little trigger happy, these might not be the best compositions but give some idea of what this fun walk around lens can achieve. Since this is within the parish and not much more than a mile from home I'll be revisiting for some of the better opportunities, particularly if we do ever get a bit of sun to liven things up.

View attachment 246648

View attachment 246645

View attachment 246646

View attachment 246647
These shots have had a little tweaking to the out of camera jpegs, levels and/or contrast, shadows and highlights.

Barrie
The 12-32 is a great little lens. Even better now that I have discovered the JJC auto lens cap!

Back