Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021: outtakes day 19-24

These 2 were up against my swing set picture and lost out in that thread...but i post them here for your eyes to feast upon! LOL

Kodak Panatomic X film simulation
01-21-2021_blacklick_XT030812.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This one is RAW processed in Lightroom(Adobe's preset for Fuji Velvia) except for sharpening, which was done in Topaz Sharpen AI
01-21-2021_blacklick_XT030820-sharpen-sharpen.jpg

The 12-32 is a great little lens. Even better now that I have discovered the JJC auto lens cap!
I use the auto cap for the Oly 14-42 EZ. I tried one of the JJC versions but it would stick so I returned it.

But in either case, yes they are great with the 12-32 and I never noticed any vignetting.

I wish Panasonic would mount this little manual zoom wonder on an LX100 body with the twist of the ring acting like the power switch.

With some torrential rain showers now affecting us and being bored I made what I thought would be a pointless colour version of the day 22 entry from the raw file only to find I needed to correct for vignetting which I hadn't detected on the jpeg monochrome from the camera. It doesn't occur on another shot from the same position taken at a marginally longer focal length so perhaps it's due to the uv filter I've got on the lens, despite it being a thin one, bother! Still I was able to make a manual correction in the software.

210122-P1120463_DxO.jpg

Barrie

Update:-
I've just managed some test shots between hail showers and it's the lens and not the presence of the filter, there's some vignetting with the zoom at 12mm and aperture at f/3.5, didn't check what happens when you stop down but probably soon disappears, I know it wasn't there at a zoom setting of about 15mm wide open.

Last edited:
My alternative outtake from Day 22: I kept walking up the narrow lane that runs up into the southern Oregon hills - and stopped to look at the field which sits above my old farmhouse. It is surrounded by a rough fence - once used to keep larger animals within - and the old wooden fenceposts are weathered and well-worn, but still standing. Here is one of them - with the field visible behind.

PenF_Jan22_21_Fence_post.jpg

You were commenting earlier this week on the challenge of doing this but when you look back (and we’re approaching the end), I bet you’ll be pleased at your output and the images made.

Honestly, I just miss the events and sports I used to cover. Even at this time of the year, it is usually slower paced, but I had a flow. COVID and this time of year have basically made everything a stand still.

I’m the kind of person that needs to be in and get into a flow. 2020-2021 so far have not been flowing as I’m used to. This SIJ did help with some of that.

Last edited:
Some alternative U's for Day 23...both U for Upside-down

This one came to me as I was doing my exercises to shift BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo)!
P1011400-1.jpg

and these chairs have been upside down since last Autumn, waiting for the good weather when they can be sat upon again.
P1011402-2.jpg

Back