Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021: outtakes day 25-31

Day 29 alternates:

Day 29A.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 29B.JPG

Day 29C.JPG

Day 29D.JPG

Day 29 Alternate B&W version of the one posted. I hard a hard time deciding which one to use for the single in...View attachment 247449

I like both versions - monochrome and color - a LOT, Don.
But... I have to agree with your choice: for me, the color version is more powerful, more arresting, more stops-me-in-my-tracks kind of an image, hard to put it into words, but it's the one.

PGX91166.jpg

Would definitely look better in colour on a sunny day, but the b&w version definitely helps to mask the filth and dirt a bit; this is a littering hotspot ... (which is not why I picked it for - I liked the lines and depth ...). So, maybe it's just as well that the colour version looked a bit underwhelming.

M.

My Day 30 alternative is simply another view of the road sign, on the old highway which snakes back and forth down a mountain and through the woods. This one is more of a straightforward photograph, without the subtle ironic subtext of my official Day 30 entry. (I like them both, actually.)

PenF_Jan30_21_Caution.jpg

This is the picture I tried to get when I woke up and saw the light coming through the windows into our living room with a high vaulted ceiling.

Unfortunately 12mm on m4/3 just isn't wide enough to get the moon in the window and the light on the floor. Note: didn't actually notice the highlighted reflection in I posted it.

EM121215.jpg

Attachments

• EM121215_1.jpg
    EM121215_1.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 84
  • EM121215_2.jpg
    EM121215_2.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Day 31 alternatives, both showing the sheer sogginess of the weather recently. The second one is just an example of the trees that have fallen down in the last week. Saturated ground and high winds make trees on steep slopes very susceptible to collapse.
20210131-P1011450.jpg
20210131-P1011451.jpg

One of the biggest wood processing plants in Switzerland - they make all sorts of wood materials as a base for other materials and products.

There's also a bit of sinister history here, but I'll save that for a different post ...

M.

Please don't forget to follow up at some future point with details about the 'sinister history' you mentioned here, Matt. I'm intrigued... 🙃

Back