Single In Single in January (SiJ) 2021: outtakes day 7-12

Day 7. Poor sad Axel, banned to the outside whilst the visitors had cupcakes and coffee :)

8726D859-D5A6-4AB8-B849-8CA47014EAD5.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It was amazingly tricky to get a decent photo of 2 eggs. I liked the light on this one but the eggs were too fuzzy.
View attachment 245168

Way back when, in the impossibly ancient days of analog (non-digital) photography, photographing the effect of light upon an egg (or multiple eggs) was, occasionally, one of the classic teaching exercises for learning both lighting and exposure. I find your modern effort compelling, subtle and rather beautiful. And I agree with you 100% - it's totally difficult to light and photograph eggs...and I don't really mind the fuzziness: for me, it enhances the image.

My Day 8 alternates -- a few outtakes from the invasion of the neighbor's guinea hens, who decided to come over to visit my house, in the hopes of finding something yummier to eat, presumably.

Here they are circumnavigating the cars parked in front of the house---

PenF_Jan8_21_guinea_hens_and_cars.jpg

And here, what is actually my favorite photo from this series, they are scurrying up along the side of one of the automobiles, in a game of avian-human-hide-and-seek ---

PenF_Jan8_21_guinea_hens+car.jpg

Way back when, in the impossibly ancient days of analog (non-digital) photography, photographing the effect of light upon an egg (or multiple eggs) was, occasionally, one of the classic teaching exercises for learning both lighting and exposure. I find your modern effort compelling, subtle and rather beautiful. And I agree with you 100% - it's totally difficult to light and photograph eggs...and I don't really mind the fuzziness: for me, it enhances the image.
Thank you, Miguel! It was indeed a learning experience, even after *cough* years of photography.

My alternatives aka outtakes from Day 9, also show portions of the downtown area which burned up during the devastating wildfire that swept through town, months ago.

The first is an alternate - and closer - view, of the same burned chair which I posted another view of, in today's postings.

PenF_Jan9_21_chair#1.jpg

This second, processed for monochrome (and a little too much 'over-processed' for my taste, to be honest), is of a burned chimney - the only part still standing of a house that was destroyed during the conflagaration.

PenF_Jan9_21_burned_chimney.jpg

Back