Single in January - So how's it going? Day 11-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Encouraging to hear, from most folks' photo comments, that Day 16 was a "challenge". Maybe something in the atmosphere globally...beyond the usual Monday fugue.

My favourite quote from Paul:
I didn't "have my eye in" today ... or perhaps I didn't have my "I" in?

Encouraging to hear, from most folks' photo comments, that Day 16 was a "challenge". Maybe something in the atmosphere globally...beyond the usual Monday fugue.

I am off today, on way to garage to get car looked and then to hospital, will try to grab some shots while out

No problems here as I have my pic already picked out but haven't taken it yet. Gotta wait till it gets dark :tongue:

I'm not sure if I am staying in. I find the removal of the quick comment box a royal pain and have pretty much stopped commenting entirely (no..lets just say I have...) and as a result cannot possibly expect people to comment on my stuff. Ergo, I'm out. Sorry.

I'm not sure if I am staying in. I find the removal of the quick comment box a royal pain and have pretty much stopped commenting entirely (no..lets just say I have...) and as a result cannot possibly expect people to comment on my stuff. Ergo, I'm out. Sorry.
Seriously Sue? To be scratched this late in the piece with the halfway point well and truly behind you...

I find the removal of the quick comment box a royal pain

I have to agree with you - the "new" system is a step backwards as far as commenting.

More clicks, tiny thumbnail - it doesn't aide those who view and comment at all. If there were an easy way to switch that page back to its original self, I'd give that move a big +1.

Intended as constructive criticism, not criticism of the code monkey(s). (I used to be a code monkey. They need all the support and bananas we can offer!)

Seriously Sue? To be scratched this late in the piece with the halfway point well and truly behind you...

Yup, I really hate the current comment system and have decided not to use it. It would not be fair, therefore, for me to submit and expect comments. (well, if I did, I wouldnt expect any but thats half the fun... so...)

More clicks, tiny thumbnail
Interestingly, its not the thumbnail that bothers me. Its the fact that we have to
1) click into the Photo Options link
2) Click into comment
3) wait for the new page to load
4) click into the new edit box
5) write the comment and submit
6) wait for the page to reload with the comment in place
7) repeat ad nauseam.

as opposed to

1) click into quick comments
2) write and submit
3) wait for the reload.

Sue don't quit, just don't comment. No harm in no comment. I have stopped commenting also. I would like to comment on some, because they really say something to me. But the comment box issue is too much. Also I don't think I'm being fair, in not treating everyone with the same attention. It is fun and a learning exercise for me, but has become too labor intensive.
So you folks feel free to have a look at mine, or not and move on. As long as I can, I plan to keep on, for my own discipline, practice and learning. And if someone gets a bit of enjoyment, that is a bonus.
Thanks, to all that have been an encouragement to me!

I've mostly stopped commenting as well, but will continue to shoot daily and publish in a batch once in a while. I understand and don't mind not getting comments that much, even when I really liked the comments I've received so far. But in the end, I do this as a personal experience. And taking a picture a day, for a longer period of time, and forcing myself to see in B&W is a great experience in itself.

I realize that the comments can become time consuming, especially now with the software issues, but I would like to suggest that everybody take a look at all of the wonderful images that are in the gallery by opening up each thumbnail to it's full presentation size. Don't worry about commenting just enjoy the images.

I realize that the comments can become time consuming, especially know with the software issues, but I would like to suggest that everybody take a look at all of the wonderful images that are in the gallery by opening up each thumbnail to it's full presentation size. Don't worry about commenting just enjoy the images.
:bravo-009: Well said Bob. I, for one, enjoy the viewing (and commenting) as much (and more so often) than the uploading. But I second the sentiment of looking at the image at the more the size the photog intended.

Sue, may I echo what Mark has said, it would be a great shame to lose anyone at this stage over an issue like this. I haven't commented on every photograph posted and I don't expect everyone to comment on mine, and I hope that others would have the same outlook. It's good to see how other people see their world, whether or not their photographs appeal to you, or indeed disappoint you. Commenting is an added feature that is surely not obligatory. I'm sure some feel it a burden they don't wish to exercise but it shouldn't deter them from posting.

Barrie

Well, another spontaneous shot that fell into my lap for day 17, but my breakfasts are being somewhat disturbed and today my lungs were also severely tested as I climbed the lane up the hill to the old carriage road in record, but lung bursting time. I was gasping when I arrived but only had three or four minutes of optimum conditions remained, so luck was a lady this morning.
Tomorrow might be interesting, the forecast through the day breaks down into heavy rain, fog, mist, cloud and light rain as the day progresses.

Barrie

Just a quick comment on "commentgate";) - I've been maxed for days and unable to do justice to some of the great shots that people have been posting. I've just managed (working backwards, unfortunately) to comment on a number. I didn't find the process painful, just different. It certainly won't stop me posting in future - time is the killer, not intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back