Single in January - So how's it going? Day 11-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after a period of gloom about the demise of my DP1 I happened upon a company in Holland selling them (DP1 not the DP1s) for £189 so, even though I swore I wouldn't buy any more photo equipment until I could afford a GXR M mount kit, I went ahead and ordered one. Supposedly 48h shipping so hopefully I will be back in the game by the weekend :)

Reactions: BBW
So, I would like to apologise for not commenting recently. You will see from my last couple of photos that I am barely getting time to snap, let alone look or comment. I don't like just saying "nice capture!" so I would rather say nothing than something, if you see what I mean :rolleyes:

So, I would like to apologise for not commenting recently. You will see from my last couple of photos that I am barely getting time to snap, let alone look or comment. I don't like just saying "nice capture!" so I would rather say nothing than something, if you see what I mean :rolleyes:

Bill,

I'm in the same boat. I hope to take time after the challenge is finished to really reflect, and make meaningful comments, on all of the wonderful images that everyone has posted.

Same here, I will try to comment from work on my tablet but things have been going Mad

Okay- transferring my "Metadata" from the closed thread.

Up this morning to catch the first rays of sunshine in the New Year. Shot off 5 pictures, and will keep at it.
So:
Jan 1, Pics 1-5. ISO 200 film. (Also shot a roll in the Nikon SP and Canon P)
Jan 2: pics 6-9, same roll, neighborhood stroll.
Jan 3: Pics 10-15, walk down to the creek, late Winter Sun.
Jan 4: Pics 16-20, five shots walking down to the frozen creek.
Jan 5: Pics 21-end of roll 1, neighborhood wa;k, Sunny Day, end at Cemetary.
Jan 6: Roll 2, pics 1-4
Jan 7, Pics 5-14, Marine Corps Museum.
Jan 8, Pics 15-23, stroll and Roma Rest.
Jan 9, Pics 24-29. SNOW (a dusting)
Jan 10, Pics 30-33, late afternoon, sun low in sky. Machine "down" at Sam's, will get roll 1 back later this week.
Jan 11, PIC 34, 1 Shot of rain-soaked branch. dark, wet day, in with Nikki- home from school with a a soar throat.
Jan 12: 4 pics end of roll 2, Sunny day- Nikki still in with a soar throat.
Jan 13; 2 pics on roll 3, still in with Nikki who is getting over her cold.
Jan 14: 5 Pics on Roll 3, end at 19th century cemetary.
Jan 15: 5 pics roll 3, end with Silk Plants outdoors in the neighborhood. Nikki still in!
Jan 16: 3 pics, roll 3, Madigan's restaurant.
Jan 17: 1 shot, late day at work. Tuesday back at work following long weekend started with a Friday the 13th.
Jan 18th, 1 shot, another late day.
Jan 19th, 2 shots- high grass in the sun.
Jan 20, 4 shots roll 3, creek in the backyard.

I'm also doing the one-a-day for a year project too. Already behind in culling and processing and posting. ;)

Late last year I picked up a new domain for just this project but I've not finished writing the software. Hopefully I won't be posting the entire year on December 31st.

Okay- transferring my "Metadata" from the closed thread.

Up this morning to catch the first rays of sunshine in the New Year. Shot off 5 pictures, and will keep at it.
So:
Jan 1, Pics 1-5. ISO 200 film. (Also shot a roll in the Nikon SP and Canon P)
Jan 2: pics 6-9, same roll, neighborhood stroll.
Jan 3: Pics 10-15, walk down to the creek, late Winter Sun.
Jan 4: Pics 16-20, five shots walking down to the frozen creek.
Jan 5: Pics 21-end of roll 1, neighborhood wa;k, Sunny Day, end at Cemetary.
Jan 6: Roll 2, pics 1-4
Jan 7, Pics 5-14, Marine Corps Museum.
Jan 8, Pics 15-23, stroll and Roma Rest.
Jan 9, Pics 24-29. SNOW (a dusting)
Jan 10, Pics 30-33, late afternoon, sun low in sky. Machine "down" at Sam's, will get roll 1 back later this week.
Jan 11, PIC 34, 1 Shot of rain-soaked branch. dark, wet day, in with Nikki- home from school with a a soar throat.

Whoops, sorry....the sheer arrogance and bias of us digital folks closing the thread off from the film shooters for the first 10 days :blush:

Please post whatever's relevant from Days 1-10 here Brian and Pavel.

So Brian are these destined for the Gallery shortly? As I've been itching to see these....

Those of you doing one a day for a year have my undying admiration. I just cannot do it every day (which is why I do the Single IN... makes me more focused). But for a year? O.M.G. I had thought about doing a one a week thing.,.. that would work for me, and I think I'll begin by backdating to the beginning of the month in a new wordpress blog. (the current one doesn't lend itself to that).

Today though, lord knows what will turn up. I have to stay home, expecting a parcel post delivery sometime but no idea when, exactly... And yet, I have to go to the pharmacy for some medical stuff. o damn. Maybe I'll shoot the pharmacist.

Today though, lord knows what will turn up. I have to stay home, expecting a parcel post delivery sometime but no idea when, exactly... And yet, I have to go to the pharmacy for some medical stuff. o damn. Maybe I'll shoot the pharmacist.

Don't shoot him, Sue! Photograph him, instead. Sorry, I couldn't let that line go. :friends:

I've found this challenge very tough at times. Particularly when I'm working. I now realise just how bone idle I normally am between shifts at work! However, those days are especially rewarding because they force you to try and find that one good shot in places you would never normally shoot. It opens your eyes to other possibilities and I guess brings you out of the comfortable routine you unconsciously placed yourself in. I'm not a big fan of routine so it is nice to mix it up now and then. That was part of my reasoning in swapping the car for a bike so I'm really messing with my routine this month.

I am considering a PAD for all of 2012 using GRD 3
Of course I am also consifering Fuji February as well
call me Crazy

I busted today. Back and hip not getting better very fast. Went to Dr. today and now new pains added. Oh well, getting old is not for sissies. I'll be back. Ya'll keep at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back