Single in January - So how's it going? Day 11-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
New cameras are somewhat irrelevant at the moment due to personal circumstances, and I generally don't bother leering at new equipment when I'm still mastering the old, but the possible OM-D, and the new Fuji have both caught a little of my interest ... having said that, my old complaint of wanting a built-in EVF is starting to wane a bit, noticing how much I use the VF-2 flipped up to 90° - about a ⅓ of my SiJ images have been taken that way.
Great point Paul - I can't conceived of an EVF that didn't tilt now - as handy for discreet imaging as macros and the like I reckon. This is what is so tempting about the GX-1 with new VF!!!! - the only conceivable replacement for my GF1 at this point. Quite sad how little attention the new Panny is getting....hope that might affect the pricing though ;)

A challenging day today with cloud down on the hill tops and a greyness about everything which I have tried to capture. As with these atmospheric conditions they don't always translate well to "film" and the choice of the one to submit to SIJ was a difficult one. In the end I choose one where there was a continuity of subject matter into the picture so that it showed this gradual softening as the mist/low cloud played more and more influence on the scene, and in view of the conditions converted it to black and white in order to emphasis the overall dull nature of the day.

Barrie

The last couple of days have been tough for shooting, and I expect that to continue for the remainder of the month except the weekends. It's nearly impossible for me to shoot during the day because of work, so I am shooting at night. The light painting was something that I had wanted to try for a while, but I will have to see what else I can come up with that's at least mildly interesting. On top of that, it has been raining every night, so I find myself driving around town and shooting in between rain spurts.

Having said this, I remain determined to complete the challenge. We'll see how it goes.

Cheers,

Antonio

Reactions: BBW
Agree with the latest sentiments on the challenge - especially as I sit here with the clock just having ticked past 7am and I ready myself for the first day back in the office. Just finished commenting on some great images....but no time for safeties. So relying on the inspiration post-work :doh:

For now, another coffee to drown that overwhelming sense of trepidation....

Another in house day. One click only. Gott'a do the one-a-day, whatever it happens to be. Back and hip finnaly doing some better. Hope to be able to be out and about soon. Then maybe you all won't be stuck with tiny slices of our tiny home.:)

With the internet shut down today in protest of the SOPA/PIPA legislation I figured I could just do the same and not create new content. Had to document it though, so once the shutdown is over I'll post the results :)

-Thomas

It certainly didn't go to plan today. When the rain cleared I went the 6 miles to Start Point hoping for some dramatic lighting effects, such as shafts of sunlight as the cloud cleared east. No chance. After my return I downloaded my shots and formatted the card. Only then did I realise that my camera had advanced it's number sequence and some of the shots had been in a different folder. Opps! they were lost and gone, more haste and all that.
Now I'm going to blow my reputation with what I've posted. My one and only, and that's not just today, shot of a lady walking her dogs, Barrie just doesn't do shots like that. Will I ever live it down :laugh1:

Barrie

This was the weather today - got worse - so I've stuck to chasing my tweetie friends

Day_19_church.jpg

It certainly didn't go to plan today. When the rain cleared I went the 6 miles to Start Point hoping for some dramatic lighting effects, such as shafts of sunlight as the cloud cleared east. No chance. After my return I downloaded my shots and formatted the card. Only then did I realise that my camera had advanced it's number sequence and some of the shots had been in a different folder. Opps! they were lost and gone, more haste and all that.
Now I'm going to blow my reputation with what I've posted. My one and only, and that's not just today, shot of a lady walking her dogs, Barrie just doesn't do shots like that. Will I ever live it down :laugh1:

Barrie

I've just had to draw the curtains as the day draws to a close, cirrus cloud flung about all over the place, I can't bare to look. Ugh!!

Barrie

formatted the card. Only then did I realise that my camera had advanced it's number sequence and some of the shots had been in a different folder. Opps! they were lost and gone, more haste and all that.

Even a formatted card may/can/perhaps have recoverable images if you get to it before writing to it again ... always worth a try if images were desperately important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back