Single In Single in July 2020: outtakes - day 1 to 8

Gardening is hard job, better to leave it for women 🙄

gardening_3184_Canon_EOS_5D_Mark_III_EF50mm_f-1.2L_USM.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The original of my submitted shot

002326E2-0BC7-4630-A743-549969AE356F.jpeg

And the building I actually wanted to shoot but now its all fenced off. Its one I have been photographing over a period of 15 years or so, it has been in a terrible state of disrepair and I thought it was going to be just left to fall apart, but it seems that there is some restoration going on. The grassy area in front was a road, not so long ago... and then the road was blocked off... now all one can do is look through the fence.

CB62C2C5-0463-4D17-82DD-92082B4BA1B3.jpeg

Going through a box of things collected from my mother’s house I found this flyer that I was on my bedroom wall as a teen. Back then...
A friend of mine called and said you have to go see this concert.The year was 1972, and I had never heard Pink Floyd. I went and they played the entire Dark Side of the Moon album. This was before that record was released and made them so famous and wealthy. Of course it was one of the best show I have ever seen. I think this flyer was being distributed at the local record store where we bought the tickets. I do remember asking my mother to save it, but I had no idea She actually did until today. I do know that after the show that night a lot of their equipment was stolen from Mcfarlin Auditorium. After which they stop touring for awhile.
D6E6EC22-A4CC-4603-9FE2-F9F3DB41A921.jpeg

Day 2 (July 2) outtakes from my trip to the local Transfer Station - aka Landfill - aka County Dump.
It's all business here, with Warning Signs a-plenty ---

GRII_July2_TransferStation_Asbetos(PosFilm).jpg

Some leftover graffiti---

GRII_July2_TransferStation_flotsam(PosFilm).jpg

And in case you didn't get the message the first time, even more Warning Signs---

GRII_July2_TransferStation_NoSalvaging#2(PosFilm).jpg

And once you're through with the unloading, the kind of place which is good to put in your rear-view mirror---

GRII_July2_TransferStation_Rear_View(ColorEfexXP).jpg

July 3 - Outtakes

A closer view of the tiny humanoid made of recycled metal scraps - "Mr. Scrap" is how I think of him - at the local Recycling Center--

GRII_July3_Recycling_Robot(PosFilm).jpg

Across the street from the recycling Center, there is an industrial space which has been home to a bewildering variety of different businesses and ventures over the years. It is 'protected' by an imposing metal fence, presumably because the ancient machinery on the other side of the fence is valuable. And maybe it is.

GRII_July3_fenced_machinery(xel).jpg

Or maybe some people just like erecting fences.

Back