Single In Single in July 2020: outtakes day 17-24

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Aug 27, 2013
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Miguel Tejada-Flores
July 17 Outtake: a monochrome interpretation of the forest

My main entry for today was a color photograph of a mutated tree in the forest, in the foothills of the Cascade mountains near Diamond Lake. My outtake is another shot -- a monochrome of a fallen tree.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

NoSeconds

All-Pro
Jan 1, 2017
Troy
Day 18 outtakes from the Margaret River skatepark.

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Aug 27, 2013
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Miguel Tejada-Flores
I really like this shot, Don. But (confession follows) I think possibly I like your official entry for July 19 - of "the old train car washroom" - even more. There is something almost timeless about it.

And, at the same time, I'm curious -- how 'old' is the train, exactly? And where is it - or where did you find it?

donlaw

Hall of Famer
Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Don
I really like this shot, Don. But (confession follows) I think possibly I like your official entry for July 19 - of "the old train car washroom" - even more. There is something almost timeless about it.

And, at the same time, I'm curious -- how 'old' is the train, exactly? And where is it - or where did you find it?
Thanks Miguel, both of those images were taken a the Galveston Railroad Museum. They have a lot of old trains on display at what was once a major railway hub. Pre-COVID they offered the occasional excursion ride.
The washroom image is from a sleeper car dating back to the prime days of rail travel in the US, 1920-50. Those cars were in daily service for many years. The image here is from a really old steam locomotive built around 1920. Amazing to look at today it was, as all the historical trains there, almost completely submerged during the Harvey Hurricane in 2017. Cleaned up since then but open to the elements most of the time. This is a good museum to visit during the pandemic as it is mostly outdoors and rarely attracts many visitors at a time.

Last edited:

gordo

Veteran
Jul 6, 2017
Arizona
Gordon
Alluded to the weather and the forecast for the rest of the month... remember this is "the desert". It's now the wet season here.

Got soaked just from the little white compact pickup to the apartment.

I need to re-treat my rain jacket with water repellent.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom