Single In Single in July 2020: outtakes day 25-31

View of the empty office. Like a scene from some apocalyptic set. People went to work from home and haven't returned...
4B27E06D-48DD-4B09-9FC5-034413A446BC_1_201_a.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A few outtakes to show what I did to today's image. I have shot this statue probably a dozen times this month but it was never just right. Here was the shot before I cloned out the window. I tried every angle, but the background was just too busy. Increasing the contrast diminished the background but still not enough. I finally resorted to the clone brush.

face1.jpg

I also took a full body shot and strongly considered this one. The background here gives more context than distraction. About one third of the the time I probably would have picked this one.

face2.jpg

To be honest, I did not notice the fly on the face of the statue when I took the shot. The LCD of the EPL2 is not nearly good enough to show that. In the shots before and after the one I posted in the Day 27, the fly was gone. The fly is such a great symbol of biological decay it was hard not to use the other.

Nothing profound here, but there was just a lot going on with the side of this building. Looking at this later, I realized that I have no idea which way the paint job is going, despite walking by this point at least twice a week. That amused me. I'm guessing red on white, because the removal of those plants before looked to have removed the top layer of paint.
house.jpg

Some reading for the weekend.
View attachment 230436
Funny, I was just watching a long YT video yesterday evening which discussed the Doctor Who episode "The Doctor's Wife", which was written by Neil Gaiman. The narrator also went into some depth about the brilliance of the "Sandman" stories. He was a big Gaiman fan.

I just listened to the Audible full cast audio drama of The Sandman. Which covers the first three books. This series is awesome in any format.
Now you guys have me adding a new series to my reading list.

Back