Single In Single in July 2020: outtakes - day 9-16

Thank you! I've been liking the standard color profile for JPEGs on the GX9 when I dial down the saturation a click or two. I wasn't sure whether I went too far with this one (-2). But I like it.
That is really nice...I must give that a try. I’ve been using the Scenery profile as it gives a bit more punch, but those muted tones are very pleasing.

As promised: My ride ...

(And if you feel confused: Yellow is not my colour ;))

GR000711.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

My own m4/3 explorations have revealed that my Pen F is back-focusing when using a manual lens and focus peaking. Compare this to my Day 15 image. Focus peaking indicated the foreground nut was in focus, when the focal point is clearly between the two nut fragments. I've noticed several of my images this month have been out of focus, and I thought it was just my technique.

Day 15B.JPG

Outtakes: the season's first Sunflower

In the garden, one of this season's first sunflowers is finally 'flowering'.
I'm including my original post for today, for context---

X30_July15_Sunflower#1(ColorEfex).jpg

But as the X30 has a decent Macro mode, I moved a bit closer--

X30_July15_Sunflower#2(ColorEfex).jpg

And finally a little more closer still--

X30_July15_Sunflower#3(ColorEfex).jpg

July 16, Outtake: the neighbor's old barn

My entry for today was a different, monochrome rendition of this same barn. Here is another color view of it.

GRII_July16_Neighbor's_Barn(ColorEfex).jpg

The name of the street which I live on is Rapp Road - my house is the relatively ancient (1902) farmhouse built by an earlier generation of the same family - the Rapp's. Their original landholdings covered scores of acres, in what has now become the town proper. And this old barn was part of their holding - thus, it's the old 'Rapp' barn, on Rapp Road.

Back