Single In Single in July (SiJy) 2020 - day 1

Out to lunch today for the first time since January. A serious discussion with a very good friend :)

FE219B9A-2187-4208-8C16-67B8C9C2B8DA.jpeg

Already broken the rule. Not the camera I am listed with. But, I nearly always have the phone in my pocket.

Glue up of first corner of a small box, made with 100+ year old oak from my wife's grand parents' old house, now torn down. Board salvaged by our nephew. My grand daughter and I have made 4 of them. One for each daughter and one for the mother. Not shown, the corner is freehand cut by said granddaughter on the band saw, and cleaned up and hand fitted with chisel and file.

Note: The month will likely be heavy with wood shop images. It is what we do.

20200701_102601.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Testing out my recently acquired Tamron 28-200mm f/2.8-5.6 for Sony!

View attachment 227263
Sample photos with the Tamron 28-200mm f/2.8-5.6 Di III RXD Lens - Los Angeles, California USA - during the 2020 Global Covid-19 Pandemic. by Jonathan Friolo, on Flickr
I take it you're in, then, Jonathan ;) Highly appreciated, of course ...

GR000588.jpg

M.

Day one, back to the L monochrome D mode for today at least. Since my time after work has consisted of doing, well, nothing, for the past few months, I got a new drill and a Dremel type tool with plenty of accessories and I've been fiddling with a lot of my knives and tools. Changing blade grinds, polishing or removing finishes, sharpening... Tinkering, basically.

01000889.jpg

Already broken the rule. Not the camera I am listed with. But, I nearly always have the phone in my pocket.

Glue up of first corner of a small box, made with 100+ year old oak from my wife's grand parents' old house, now torn down. Board salvaged by our nephew. My grand daughter and I have made 4 of them. One for each daughter and one for the mother. Not shown, the corner is freehand cut by said granddaughter on the band saw, and cleaned up and hand fitted with chisel and file.

Note: The month will likely be heavy with wood shop images. It is what we do.

View attachment 227256

It'll be good to see the progression... (y)

Back