Single In Single in July (SiJy) 2020 - day 13

Name
Matt
Start Date
Jul 13, 2020
End Date
Jul 13, 2020

It's not a Friday, so even the supersticious can relax a bit ...

M.

Early morning fog in the neighbourhood. Looks like we had a bit more rain overnight, too. Processing by Snapseed on the ipad. Of course :)

39D3BDF5-6212-49BE-982E-3F33D314E60B.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Playing catch up tonight, I’ve been on the road moving the family down south to our new home, battling a head cold from hell and dealing with WA’s spotty and infrequent 4G coverage...

Despite all that, some things never change... (I had to include the reference pic from my Instagram feed from several years ago) :D

C8054841-7CCB-4B99-AE3B-AA702396BB9D.jpeg

B64C1C75-8C8D-4373-A8A0-10AA49D64E1D.png

The latest garden project...turning the front lawn (actually an area of clover and other weeds with intermittent grass) into a veg garden, using the "no-dig" technique.
The four beds so far consist of a thick layer of cardboard, with topsoil and compost on top. The timber for the raised beds arrives on Thursday.
P1010839.JPG

The latest garden project...turning the front lawn (actually an area of clover and other weeds with intermittent grass) into a veg garden, using the "no-dig" technique.
The four beds so far consist of a thick layer of cardboard, with topsoil and compost on top. The timber for the raised beds arrives on Thursday.
View attachment 228447
OK, am I the only one who saw this image and thought "burying the bodies"?

Last edited:
A bit sad statue. A sad story: you can find this seated bear on a bench in a public parc in my hometown. In my early youth I used to go there to see two bears in a rather small cage. Years later public opinion changed and the keeping of bears this way was thought to be inhuman. The bears left (the empty cage is still there), but I think this statue reminds us of that sad period.

IMG_0538-2.jpg

View attachment 228447
Wow, I am impressed, Martin! What will you be growing?

Back