Single In Single in July (SiJy) 2020 - day 22

Name
Matt
Start Date
Jul 22, 2020
End Date
Jul 22, 2020
If you research "22" on YouTube, you naturally bump into Taylor Swift; that's understandable, but not very inspiring ... Lily Allen is quite a bit more worth listening to ... (at least her last album, "No Shame", is; I didn't investigate further, it's not my usual listening material). But sometimes it's worth scrolling a little ...

Tough stuff served smooth and deep ...

M.

Day 22 and I’m struggling to find anything to photograph. Reluctant to go out because there’s been an uptick in coronavirus cases which is now reaching this area. So... my little weather station. It tells me that its currently 9ºC outside, 21ºC inside (the heater is on) and CO2 at 775ppm.

622012DA-DFC7-445A-B5F9-536159A3D085.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M O N S O O N

Season is definitely here for our area. I'll post a shot of the forecast for the rest of July in the other thread. Was trying to wait for the rain to lessen, waited long enough I had to deal with the rain anyways. Got soaked just from the parking area to the apartment, runoff in some spots was deeper than my shoes. Shoes and socks soaked. Pants soaked through to the skin from where the rain jackets ends, down. Jacket and hat, and everything in my hands soaked as well. Got stuff shaken off and laid out all over the apartment to dry.

Oh - reason I went out in the weather... sandpaper and tack cloth. Checked the wood spoons, found some lifted grain, looked for sandpaper and tack cloth to touch them up before the next coat and realized I didn't have any on hand. So, it'll be Sunday or Monday before I work on the spoons again.

original.jpg

I'm going to be making a camping trip to an extremely remote part of Eastern Oregon over the next 3 to 4 days, so my ability to post in SiJ may be impacted by the literal absence of any form of either wi-fi or phone contact with the outside world. If I can, I will...but if not, I'll accumulate several days' worth of SiJ image and post them upon my return to so-called civilization, on Sunday.

Also, in the interests of keeping my camping gear light - I'm going to be temporarily forced to switch my SiJ camera from my Ricoh GRii - to my Fuji X30 (though I hope to return for the rest of the month to the GR on Monday. So, the long preamble simply means that today's SiJ was taken with my tiny Fujifilm compact--

In downtown Ashland, Oregon - a city known for its theatre tourism and its reputed Shakespeare Festival, all the plays for the Season - and for the year - have been shut down. This photograph is a detail from a Shakespearian-themed public Banner - encouraging safe practices during the pandemic - and quoting one of the Bard's most well-known lines---

"To thine own self, be true."

Good words for any time, really, not just during a pandemic.

X30_July22_To_thine_Own_Self_Be_True.jpg

A larger monochrome photo of this will appear in today's Outtakes.

Back