Single In Single in July (SiJy) 2020 - day 28

Name
Matt
Start Date
Jul 28, 2020
End Date
Jul 28, 2020
28 is a so-called "perfect" number: Add up all of its proper divisors except itself (i.e. take its "aliquot sum" - nice little piece of Latin there), and you get the number itself: 1+2+4+7+14=28

A good reason for a perfect turnout, everyone :)

(N.B. I could have used this earlier ... 28 is not the smallest perfect number, 6 is.)

M.

Well, we have been told, basically, if you don’t *have* to go anywhere today... stay home, the roads are not safe. My front yard is slowly disappearing. I think I am going to have to get a landscape gardener in to build me some dykes. Or something.

Toby is not impressed with being stuck on his bin, yet again. Cant check territory, can’t go visiting, just stuck and bored. (I’ve brought him back inside now)

B64626EF-26D5-4A36-A2DF-798D3C7C2C99.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Now just look at this and remember what month and supposed season it is (for us Northern Hemisphereans). July. That’s right, July. The height of summer, allegedly. And the leaves have started falling. Unbelievable.
View attachment 230275
The heat is to blame, I have little doubt ... These aren't signs of fall (hah!) yet ...

GR000814.jpg

M.

Now just look at this and remember what month and supposed season it is (for us Northern Hemisphereans). July. That’s right, July. The height of summer, allegedly. And the leaves have started falling. Unbelievable.
View attachment 230275
Same for us. I noticed a few years ago that certain trees start to "de-leaf" in mid July. That's how I know to start working on my fall syllabi.

Last edited:
Had this strange feeling today that I was being watched...

Ian Mutch is a local artist that is quite prolific on just about anything with a surface that will accept paint, I reckon I could do a 365 challenge and not photograph one of his works twice...

Recently he’s started drawing giant images in the sand on local beaches and photographing them with a drone.

ADF0B469-DCDB-4DD1-934A-AC02650F583F.jpeg

Over the past few days, on a camping vacation in a remote part of eastern Oregon, I sat in on some impromptu musical jam sessions with my son and his 6 year old daughter, on her way to becoming a fine fiddler. Today, I was thinking about the phrase 'jam session', and...

XP_July28_jam_session(SilverEfex).jpg

Taken indoors, using the X30's tiny built-in flash, as an experiment (I rarely use indoor flash).

Back