Single In Single in July (SiJy) 2020 - day 3

Out early today for podiatry (old diabetic toes need help) and then to a small gathering of friends for coffee and scones.

DD724C13-58FE-4DB5-AF7D-2DD57BEAC9DF.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My current reading material. I picked this up at the wonderful Cinema Bookshop in Hay on Wye about 2 years ago and decided it was about time I opened it! I read the first two books donkeys’ years ago.
View attachment 227488
I just read the first two over the past couple months, I have the third next to me on my desk right now. Wonderfully inventive and well-written! Sorry I missed out on these for years, but all the better now :)

Our work space, mostly old equipment and tools, kept going for a while longer. Place is busy messy, as we have a couple of projects ongoing. I generally do a sweep up at least once a day, when I am able to be in the shop. But, didn't go in to work today, just long enough to take this. Heat and humidity are giving the old heart and lunges some trouble.
SIJY 03.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
SciFi Friday! :yahoo:

View attachment 227507

Actually... already started re-watching SG1, one season a week. Now on season three disc three, will finish this weekend. Adding Buck Rogers into the queue for the weekend as well.
I remember when the Sci-Fi channel actually had SciFi Friday, and they had some great shows. SG-1 was one of them. I don't remember which came first, all of the paranormal hooey they began broadcasting or their name change, but the network never did seem to regain its mojo. I haven't watched the channel in years.

I remember when the Sci-Fi channel actually had SciFi Friday, and they had some great shows. SG-1 was one of them. I don't remember which came first, all of the paranormal hooey they began broadcasting or their name change, but the network never did seem to regain its mojo. I haven't watched the channel in years.

Yup. Decided to do my own on occasion after they went south. I think the wrassling was in that time-frame as well. Hardly ever have the channel on anymore, except for the infrequent movie (since when are car movies and John Wick scifi? :hmmm:) and when re-runs of Futurama are the only thing on I can find to watch.

Back