Single In Single in July (SiJy) 2020 - day 31

Name
Matt
Start Date
Jul 31, 2020
End Date
Jul 31, 2020
Final day of this year's SiJy challenge - thanks so much for participating and hanging in there; and to those who found it impossible to see this through, thanks for your contributions as well!

And if you want to ponder "final days", I really, really recommend "Good Omens" (by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, two of my favourite authors); it's always worth a read, though I usually do my ritual re-read at the end of the year ...

M.

31 ! Made it ! I really enjoyed this.

IMG_0194.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Forgot about yesterday (my yesterday, its the 1st here now) but I had taken a photo, as it happens, of my absolute disgust with the ever shrinking food inside packs, and the ever increasing price of same. These fillets used to be as wide as the pack itself, as well as being as big as the largest end of the “fillet” shown here. Now its also getting harder to find the fish. This was mostly crumb, with a bit of fish thrown in. And that was scraps off the floor I suspect. Foul. Here endeth the month of July. (I know, I know... not the GR. Tuff!)

C0C65C42-6700-4AB1-8A7D-076B7DC1061C.jpeg

Final day of this year's SiJy challenge - thanks so much for participating and hanging in there; and to those who found it impossible to see this through, thanks for your contributions as well!

And if you want to ponder "final days", I really, really recommend "Good Omens" (by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, two of my favourite authors); it's always worth a read, though I usually do my ritual re-read at the end of the year ...

M.

It may be the final day of this year's SiJy Challenge - but it is seriously important to point out and mention that participating in this (and some previous) Challenges...would not come close to being anywhere near as involving, entertaining, challenging and just plain ole' fun....without your thoughtful, inventive, eye-opening, cool and at times deliciously twisted opening remarks in honor of the 'number' of each day, Matt. So---my serious props and thanks and cheers! to you for making this challenge a memorable one, each day, for me.

Seriously, dude -- muchas effing gracias!

And as a minor side-note you are right on the money on your recommendation of 'Good Omens' - a brilliant, twisted and remarkable novel, by two extraordinary writers. As an even smaller side-note, the limited series adaptation of the novel - done by Amazon Studios - is really quite fine....and was adapted to the screen by Neil Gaiman himself.

The funny thing about sunflowers is, they start out oh-so-very-small, tiny little things, really, 'knee-high to a gopher' as the quaint old saying goes. And then, one day, you turn around and discover that they have shot up to gigantic dimensions and are about to tower over you, Jack-and-the-Beanstalk style.

Or, at least, that's more or less the impression I got when I took a good look at the ones behind the house, in the garden....and stared and stared....and wondered just how they had gotten so large, so stealthily.

Here is one of them. A fitting way to end a fine SiJy month - with a little metaphoric sunshine for all of us in these so-maddeningly-unpredictable-times.

GRII_July31_Sunflower(PosFilm).jpg

And thanks to everyone for some fairly consistently remarkable images...and a handful of equally fine words, which accompanied many of them.

Back