Single In Single in July (SiJy) 2020 - day 5

Too cold for me to venture far today, must be getting old, it never used to bother me. So another lazy shot. Toby has been spending much of his time on the green waste bin where he can survey his kingdom and watch the neighbourhood doings (and make sure the white and black brat from down the street doesnt come marking territory in our yard.)

B4618EBC-52F5-4C8A-BB5A-87D198E3E865.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cliff Stoll (again) ...

btw. Some of you may be able to catch the penumbral lunar eclipse tonight - good luck!

M.
We caught the penumbral lunar eclipse in the mid-evening here in Oregon - its visual effect were quite beautiful, with the moon appearing larger-than-life and more 'textured' than it normally does :)

Today here in southern Oregon it is - or was - field mowing day - the day the upper acre of too-tall-grasses-and-weeds adjoining my old farmhouse were mowed (to reduce the risk of fire hazard) very early in the morning. Don José ('don' is an honorific prefix in Spanish, indicating respect) came by very early in the morning, with his well-worn John Deere tractor pulling its 'brush hog'. I'm violating one SiJ rule today by posting not one but two photographs but there is a very good reason for that, as you will see.

The first is of the master mower at work in the field--

GRII_July5_Mowing_Day#1.jpg

In the second, he is taking a 'breather' and somehow you can see the marks of a life-well-lived in his face--

GRII_July5_Mowing_Day#2.jpg

It didn't seem right to publish the one without the other.
These were RAW digital negatives from the GRII, lightly tweaked in LR6 and Color Efex.

I left for work early because I was hot and there was air conditioning there. I also planned to do some early morning shooting today out the back door but that didn't happen. OTOH, on the way to work I got a bit of practical testing of just how far after sundown I can get good images with my D7100...

DSC_1678.jpg

Back