Single In Single in July (SiJy) 2020 - day 6

Name
Matt
Start Date
Jul 6, 2020
End Date
Jul 6, 2020
63 years ago, John Lennon and Paul McCartney met for the first time ... the rest is history ...

This is from the White Album - which in turn was how I first got in touch with the Beatles; even though my father wasn't into their music (or any modern pop music, for that matter) at all, he had bought it because he felt it was a milestone ... He was right.

The other reason he bought it: To commemorate that I had been born and lived ...

M.

To a friend for coffee this morning. She’s a GoT fan :)

D7B2F94C-F359-432A-BFD0-983A99824920.jpeg

Another mod to my work bench, is not visible here. It is a ledge sawed into the bench, under the white frame with the screw clamp on the left. It is at a right angle to the vice face, with the other white piece in it. Here "dry fitted" to check for accuracy, before glue-up. There will be no metal fasteners added. But, a wood spline will be added. Show that later.

SIJY 06.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In the parking lot of a local supermarket, there was a relatively ancient (late 80's) and weatherbeaten Isuzu Trooper parked. Having formerly owned one of these hardy and magnificent 4-wheel-drive chariots, I got into a conversation with the owner, who was quite proud of the custom hood ornament - an 'action figure' of a superhero - which he had appended to the front of his vehicle.

He graciously allowed me to take a picture or two of it.

GRII_July6_Isuzu_hood_ornament(AnalEfex).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The parking deck. The structure on top is an array of solar panels.
View attachment 227803

I keep coming back to look at this photograph, Steve. I really like it.

It also reminds me of what a cool camera the E-P1 was, and still is. And what an underrated lens that 17mm pancake is.
I may have to give in to the nagging itch, and look into acquiring another E-P1 - or possibly one of its near-clone-siblings, the E-P2 or the E-P3, one of these days. Truly great cameras, for many types of photography.

Back