Single In Single in July (SiJy) 2020 - day 8

This is Tim. Tim usually lives near the front door for guard duty, but I occasionally bring him out for some air. He’s always asleep. Useless.

DAB4F9B5-D393-4774-AE13-BF1A85772927.jpeg

The spline in and glued. It will get hand planed flush. AS you can see, my skill level is something less than perfect. But when finished, will be acceptable for a window facing. This one is just for demo purpose. I have used this material for a large picture frame face, and when painted semigloss black, with gold mist, looks very nice.
Note: This image is heavy cropped.

SIJY 08.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Anticipation...

Hopefully, by the end of the month, I'll have a new maple cutting board. Then the board prep starts. Obviously cropped, to remove unwanted elements in the frame due to the focal length and min focus working distance, taken at f/3.5, resized for web.
original.jpg

Last edited:
Working today, trying to finish something I have been writing and working on for....months and months. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, now. But some of the neurons are running on fumes, so they are getting a drip-infusion this afternoon of....the good stuff.

GRII_July8_Drip_Coffee(HiContrB&W).jpg

Back