Single In Single in July (SiJy) 2022 - day 17

IMGP0760.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 17 submission and seeing the Lego Titanic that @davidzvi is completing I thought I would photograph my Lego Liebherr R9800 which is a monster of a machine and is fully motorized. Looks like the machine is on a maintenance break as the access steps onto the machine are lowered and the crew are gathered on the operators platform having a coffee/tea break. (see the outtakes thread)

single in july day 17.jpg

Hopefully not a problem for people, if so I'll remove and post something else.
original.jpg

One of my many projects has been collecting and digitizing family photos and genealogy stuff. I guess because 1) I'm more tech-savvy than the rest of the clan, and 2) I'm willing to take the time and do the needful. One of the items that landed with me is the family Bible that was given to my Mom. Not sure how old it is - not ancient, but not newer. It has family lineage stuff handwritten in the blank front pages. In addition to scanning slides, negatives and photos, I've been collecting notes and paperwork. What can be scanned, is, and I've been deciphering the handwritten stuff and entering into word processing docs for later entry into one of the genealogy products.

Sadly, so far only one younger family member has expressed any interest in taking this up from me, and she's not that much younger than I am. Disappointed and a little annoyed at how others come out of the woodwork when they think they might be able to get something, then ghost me when it comes time to ask for help researching things or replacing a worn-out scanner, etc... I won't ask any more from my sisters, who are doing some of the stuff already. Most of the younger crowd is completely dis-interested with regards to family history. Oh well, I'm doing what I can do. If it dies off after me it's their loss later down the road.

Back