Single In Single in July (SiJy) 2022 - day 30

IMGP0990.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good morning,
Well.... there I was thinking that I had finally become one with this lens... then going thru some settings about halfway thru my walk I found the camera was set at 2x digital zoom from something I did yesterday... This pic is after putting back to normal.

I’ll put some others in outtakes later.
93366EB9-3545-4D12-8937-0135D0BB82DF.jpeg

The "PENultimate" day of this fantastic photo challenge (Did you see what I did there?! hehe!). Think I need to find something extra special for tomorrow... For today though, it'll be a pic of my best mate, Brian....

View attachment 326387
Love it :)

L2625241.jpg

Finally: Caught in the act (the artist refreshing her portions of the mural) ...

M.

I know I've said it before, Steve, but I have to say it again: the images which you have been creating (consistently) with your GRIIIx are really (and consistently) very very cool. I know the verb 'bonding' can be used in a variety of ways, but I think you and your small Ricoh have bonded, photographically, in a creative way.

Reaching out - downtown Red Deer. Description below, part of the Red Deer Ghosts artworks around the city centre.

Reaching Out (Eldon Neufeld, 1999)
A brother helps his younger sister
climb onto a granite boulder. In
this 1940s scene, the girl wears
a leg brace, the result of polio.
The sculpture was created to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Downtown Rotary Club and to draw attention to Rotary International’s PolioPlus program.

single in july day 30.jpg

Over the past two weeks, the unseasonable and historically record-setting high temperatures here in southern Oregon - which for days hovered near 110 degrees Fahrenheit, close to 43 degrees Celsius - have altered most people's daily activities (and lives) in challenging and often difficult ways. I don't 'do well' in paralyzingly hot weather, so I've stayed inside much of the time, though that (not being able to go out for walks or bike rides in oven-like heat) takes its own toll. But the obsessions of photography - what to photograph, and which camera to use - can keep a person distracted. Life is easier in SiJ, using only one camera-lens combination - but a recent photographic acquisition, a 17-year-old Olympus camera from a friend and fellow photographer - has given me a few entertaining moments of distraction. And also posed some hitherto unexamined questions, like: were the Olympus engineers more inventively creative designing inexpensive 'prosumer' compact bridge cameras of yesteryear, than they have been with their higher-tech 'Professional' cameras of today?

All of which is a long-winded way of saying: trying to take pictures of a picture-taking device...is one way of solving the what-the-hell-shall-I-try-to-shoot-for-SiJ-today? conundrum. So here it is: my new (to me) smallish dinosaur, the C-7070WZ.

X30_July30_22_top_view_of_C-7070WZ.jpg

Back