Single In Single in July (SiJy) 2022 - day 31

Earlier this year, after a few years of thinking “maybe, someday medium format", I decided to make a Fuji medium format system a reality. I expected to save for 12-18 months and go for it. Early this month Adorama had a very attractive deal on the GFX50R and I went for it. I can’t afford any native lenses right now so I got adapters for the Olympus and Leica lenses that I have gathering dust.

The real challenge this month has been not dropping out and focusing on the new "toy". So for a final image, here’s a “family portrait".

family_portrait.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Took a safety shot earlier today incase plans didn't work out. Safety shot it is.
original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As always, I've enjoyed the event. It's been wonderful seeing what others produce for the month.

Kudos to the participants, and a big thanks to Matt @MoonMind for herding us cats for the month. :)

Why no image magnification? That should be an option for fine-tuning focus.
I am probably wrong but "assumed" since there are no electrical contacts that it wouldn't work as the camera wouldn't know what to magnify. I will try again and see if that is possible. I had set a function button as magnification but since it didn't work I "assumed" that was the issue but in retrospect I think I have had to do a couple of full resets on my camera and that may be it. I will give it another attempt.

Actually, I think your son has the right idea.
(He may actually be blazing a trail (for those courageous enough to think outside the confines of QWERTY to follow...)
It's the rest of us who are the ones with the problem.
Well they require you to be able to completely touch type with no cross over so I'm out. And did you notice that 2 of them have no labels?

Back