Single In Single in July (SiJy) 2022 - discussion

Many thanks to Matt and David and anyone else involved in helping facilitate the challenge, as always it is much appreciated!

It might be a little bit challenging to get a good photo every day with the, um, non-pocketable K1. However it's still the honeymoon period for this camera, so that should in itself be enough encouragement to keep consistent. I may have days where a safety shot around the house will have to suffice, but I promise I'll try to make them interesting.

Another shout out to Matt and David, as well as anyone else who is involved with herding the cats.

My goal for this month is to try for at least 50% of the shots being monsoon clouds, weather depending of course. The remaining shots I hope to try and improve my skill with simple still life images, currently collecting my thoughts and a few things I'll need for that. Might be an odd filler shot here or there.

Thanks, Matt, David and everyone involved!

I will be shooting greens using my makeshift SATOBI profile. These will mostly/hopefully be SooC as replication in post, even though it's doable, requires a lot of colour zones tuning.

Forgot to do this the other day, so here's a picture of the ax for the next few days...

IMG_20220701_151003377.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I really wanted to join in on this challenge. I even thought of using the same lens as Matt or one similar to WL's above only a 1.4 Nikkor version. But things are a little unsettled here as we await the arrival of our third grandson and I'd probably end up dropping out after two weeks or so.
After seeing the pictures in the other thread I'm glad I didn't join in.
You guys and gals take some really interesting shots!

I really wanted to join in on this challenge. I even thought of using the same lens as Matt or one similar to WL's above only a 1.4 Nikkor version. But things are a little unsettled here as we await the arrival of our third grandson and I'd probably end up dropping out after two weeks or so.
After seeing the pictures in the other thread I'm glad I didn't join in.
You guys and gals take some really interesting shots!
Pfft. Jump in! The water's fine :)

We ( the wife and I) actually do shoot almost daily. We photograph a non-profit baseball league called League 42 (League 42). It will soon take the summer hiatus and our output will switch to more normal shots until August when football starts and we will be on the field again. We also volunteer as photographers for our local Lawyer Bar Association and are kept busy there also. Unfortunately, one lens would be rather limiting for us. My wife does commercial photography and her choice of lenses also varies. Good idea though! I once did a 365 picture a day for a year and it almost was more than I expected.

I must admit.. for a brief moment yesterday I was overwhelmed and thought "what have I committed to?". Especially with my chosen combo. Then I told myself that its for fun, learning, and growth... for me anyway.
Today is a better day, and I have a back up plan in case I get called into work or the weather doesn't play along.

Back