Single In Single in July (SiJy) 2022 - gear shots

As posted in te original thread….

DAB3CD09-610A-4276-B298-AD1A8F964DD1.jpeg

I’ll try and get a phone pic of the gear “on location” at some point this month too! Haha.

Lovely photographs of a great camera.

I'm also intrigued by the fact that you seem to be using your K-1 with what looks like more of a wrist strap, instead of a traditional shoulder strap. How is that working out?
Thank you Miguel - the wrist strap is the Chrome Industries Niko Wrist Strap, which I ordered right around the same time as the K1. It's quite beefy, and the quick release buckle seems very sturdy, so I'm not necessarily concerned about it failing. I already own the older version of the Niko shoulder strap, which is very cool but not terribly practical, because it employs Chrome's signature seatbelt buckles instead of smaller quick release buckles, and they're metal and heavy, meaning they could possibly damage your camera.

I'm quite happy with the Niko wrist strap. It self-cinches and naturally rests a little higher up on the wrist, with a long enough tether to keep the handling intact. Plus, it looks cool.

One more of my smallish X30, on a bookshelf.

EP5_July3_22_X30+Shakespeare.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Quick explanatory note: years ago, I bought a small (and small-sensored) Lumix LX7 from Ray Sachs, and it became one of my favorite almost pocketable take-everywhere cameras. For various reasons that made sense to me at the time, I decided to sell it and 'upgrade' to another camera, but I always missed the combination of small form, small sensor, fine lens and occasional borderline macro capabilities. I then spent (a few) years looking for what I hoped might become its replacement and (it's a long story) my search finally ended when I found Fuji's (now discontinued) tiny X-trans-sensored X30. It's still going strong - and for my eclectic tastes, it does everything the LX7 did...but just a little better.

Last edited:
Finally had a camera handy other than my phone.

View attachment 321544

I know both you and several others have mentioned this camera's good looks, David - but seeing this photo of yours, I'm struck by... what a handsome beast it is. And there is definitely a family resemblance to the Pen F - though I think in probably quite a few ways, the E-P7 more than 'stands its own'.

Back