Single In Single in July (SiJy) 2022: It's that time of year again ...

I tested positive for Covid this morning. Had been hoping to use the Fujifilm XF 50 f2 on the X-E4 but not sure how well that will work out for me if I can’t venture outside for the first couple of days of the challenge. The symptoms are mild so hopefully resolve soon. May settle on the 16 f2.8 if needs must. I’ve also just ordered the new (to me) 50 so it might not arrive in time anyway. It’s an unusual focal length for me so I was looking forward to trying it.

Here's hoping you will get through it with a minimum of discomfort, and that you will emerge with your photographer's eye - and your shutter finger - able to do what they have been doing for some time - and commemorate your perspectives of the world around you, whether inside or outside. And most importantly, that you keep breathing, and taking care of yourself. The choice of lenses sounds like an interesting one, though, and whichever lens seems right to you...will definitely be the right one.

Please get better, Karen.

Made my decision: I'm going with the X30.

GRII_myX30(SilverEfex).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Okay, as indicated yesterday:

Please choose your setups for the upcoming challenge (or finalise your choice, respectively) within the next 24 hours!

I'll prepare the first thread as well as its sidecar threads (for outtakes and discussion) tomorrow (in less than 12 hours time in order to be ready for even the earliest of birds worldwide).

:2thumbs:

M.

Blast, this one snuck under my radar. I spent some time in June prepping for my then upcoming vacation and the last forthnight in the Appenines. If possible, I would like to join the last leg of the challenge, using the GM5 and the Oly 9mm BCL a combo I used quite a bit in while in Italy, without much fuss under the Italian sun. There may be more iffy using it as a staple up here in Norway, but worth the try.

Blast, this one snuck under my radar. I spent some time in June prepping for my then upcoming vacation and the last forthnight in the Appenines. If possible, I would like to join the last leg of the challenge, using the GM5 and the Oly 9mm BCL a combo I used quite a bit in while in Italy, without much fuss under the Italian sun. There may be more iffy using it as a staple up here in Norway, but worth the try.
Well ... you'll basically do the second half, so I'm okay with you joining the daily threads. Let's see how things work out. I'll add you to the list if things get rolling ...

M.

Back