Single In Single in July (SiJy) 2022: It's that time of year again ...

Leaning toward the E-P7 and P42.5 f/1.7. Maybe the P12-32, but that seems like it would be taking the easy way out.

Other considerations are the O12-100 and O8-25 with my E-M1.2. Actually surprised I haven't used the O12-100 for a challenge yet, probably just down to size and weight to carry every day.

I had considered my new O20, but I've done one with the P20 and did a comparison with several in the range including my O17.

My intetest is piqued. Question.. In the spirit of the game are we asked to use one lens for ALL photography for the month, or just one lens for the daily contributions to the game?

My intetest is piqued. Question.. In the spirit of the game are we asked to use one lens for ALL photography for the month, or just one lens for the daily contributions to the game?
Only for the challenge - I myself simply couldn't do all I usually do with photography with a single, and possibly very peculiar, setup. In other words, you can do as much photography as you want with whatever gear you like - but you commit to shooting with your chosen setup every day for a whole month, including posting to all daily threads.

M.

Only for the challenge - I myself simply couldn't do all I usually do with photography with a single, and possibly very peculiar, setup. In other words, you can do as much photography as you want with whatever gear you like - but you commit to shooting with your chosen setup every day for a whole month, including posting to all daily threads.

M.
Great, thanks. I'll think on it. I can really use a push to get me to see / look differently. I don't have a huge lens selection, but the ones I do own are fairly varied in nature.

@MoonMind Where will the daily threads be? Or is it every thread on the forum...?
If you want to get a handle on how things are ... done, just browse the old "Single in" threads in the "Single in! Challenges" subforum of the "Challenges" section. The daily threads are made sticky for a day and can be found close to the top of the list of threads in the "Single in! Challenges" subforum. Of course, the threads can be found later as well - the list usually stays pretty well ordered, but since some people post at a later date, things can move around a bit.

So, special threads, made as visible as possible every single day.

M.

I'm going to give it a go... I'm ridiculously busy in July, but I'll try my best.
Now with expectations managed, the gear...
I recently acquired a Lumix GM1. Seems like a fun and tiny camera. I've only used it around the house and taken it on a walk or two. The lens will keep with the fun size theme being a Lumix 14mm prime. Being that I have difficulty with most things wide angle and big picture, it should be interesting and educational.

Camera on an iPhone 8plus for size reference. It literally can fit in cargo pants pockets.
20220621_194425.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Have been traveling, and out of the country, and on somewhat of a crazy schedule myself, so I only just had the chance to see and browse this thread and.... I'm in!
Camera + lens to be determined, but right now, I'm leaning towards one of my two smallest-sensored cameras: either the Pentax Q7 (with its tiny 01 8.5mm prime, equivalent to a 47mm FOV) - or the slightly larger Fujifilm X30. Hmmmm....

EP5_June21_22_X30+Q7.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'll make up my mind in the next few days.
But I do have one related question, Matt, which I suspect I've asked you before and you may have answered it for me already, but my brain cells seem to be in slow-motion with the Solstice heat here today in Oregon, so I'll ask it again: technically, the SiJ is one camera, one lens - but in the case of the X30, with its single zoom lens - are there any limitations as to which focal length of the zoom I might be limited? Or would I have the freedom to choose?

I'm going to give it a go... I'm ridiculously busy in July, but I'll try my best.
Now with expectations managed, the gear...
I recently acquired a Lumix GM1. Seems like a fun and tiny camera. I've only used it around the house and taken it on a walk or two. The lens will keep with the fun size theme being a Lumix 14mm prime. Being that I have difficulty with most things wide angle and big picture, it should be interesting and educational.

Camera on an iPhone 8plus for size reference. It literally can fit in cargo pants pockets. View attachment 318380

Congrats on the GM1, Glen! It's truly a brilliant small camera and I hope you get much enjoyment from it :)

But I do have one related question, Matt, which I suspect I've asked you before and you may have answered it for me already, but my brain cells seem to be in slow-motion with the Solstice heat here today in Oregon, so I'll ask it again: technically, the SiJ is one camera, one lens - but in the case of the X30, with its single zoom lens - are there any limitations as to which focal length of the zoom I might be limited? Or would I have the freedom to choose?
I didn't use one focal length when I used my 12-45 in January 2021.

I have decided. I'll go with the Voigtländer Heliar 40mm f/2.8 on the Leica M Typ 262 - not because this lens is any more interesting than the Nokton 23mm f/1.2, but because I'll not need the challenge to get to the bottom of the latter: I'm already thoroughly in love with it and doubt it'll leave the Nikon Z fc any time soon.

I'll use different original screw mount adapters from Leica with the Heliar - at the moment, I think the 35mm framelines will suite me better, but the challenge will give me lots of time to figure out if I'm right or not.

M.

I feel like this has become an excuse to post a shameless photo of my chosen gear! Haha!

My only remaining choice is which colour Pen F body shall I use?!

View attachment 318421

I would vote for the silver body because, though both are wonderful looking, I happen to truly love the way the silver-bodied Pen F's look.
But, obviously, you won't 'go wrong' with either body ;)

Back