Single In Single in October (SiO) 2021 - day 12

One of the legs of one of our tables
P1001206.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My colleague, Dr. Fiona Watson, a molecular biologist who studies frogs. In this particular shot, she is looking at the front of the brain and optic nerves. She showed me a live specimen, with the comment "he's next". Not bad for ISO 12800.
fiona.jpg

Last edited:
Inspired by the post from @agentlossing yesterday, this is what an Opinel knife looks like after a dozen years of daily use as a general kitchen knife. They hold an edge really well so I really only sharpen it once a month or so.

HiBW, of course.
View attachment 273494
Lovely! I've hankered after one of these for a while, most of my knives aren't this thin, it seems built for French picnickers like the ones Cartier-Bresson shot in the famous photo. Perfect for cutting food. Simple and elegant.

High winds started yesterday evening, not scheduled to drop until later this afternoon. So, plans to go to one of our State Parks to grab an annual pass are on hold until later this week. Heard some sirens this morning, looked outside, and the local Fire Department was responding to a medical call here at the apartments. Ambulance is to the right behind a tree at the end of the walkway. Heavy crop due to flaring on the glass of the patio door I shot through.
original.jpg

Back