Single In Single in October (SiO) 2021 - day 13

A music box by the headboard - It has been there for years. We just didn't bother removing it.
P1001220.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Topcon.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Where it all started...

My maternal grandfathers Topcon kit, bought new in 1966, two years before I saw the light of day. I have a 135mm somewhere (or my brother has it), not sure which and a string of accessories such as filters and close-up lenses in a crate, as well. Not to sure where his Yashica-Mat 124 went, after he passed.

Lazy contribution, I am sorting out my office space and have some electricians in the house today...

Attachments

• Topcon.jpg
    Topcon.jpg
    615.9 KB · Views: 69

Those were the late 80s (too ...).

M.

This has a definite Smokey-Robinson-and-the-Miracles vibe to it - but it's very cool.
Additionally, I'd never heard of 'The Pasadenas' before - which is embarrassing, since Pasadena is the city where I was born and grew up! So, thank you again, Matt, for continuing to expand my musical horizons!

Cinema addicts are familiar with the classic 1950 film 'Harvey', in which the best friend of Elwood P. Down (played unforgettably by James Stewart) is a giant 6 foot 3 1/2 inch tall (1.92 meters) Invisible White Rabbit (who talks to Elwood and listens to him, and is really there, though none of the more literal-minded 'normal human beings' who populate the film can see or hear him). Looking at this image, I'm torn between wanting to believe it might be a random snap of somebody's best friend -- or it might simply be the real Briar simply sharing her best-ever 'selfie' with us?

Either way - damn! what a great photograph.

Partly inspired by both Jens' photo of his old Topcon and also Bill's image of his vintage IID, I took out my Rollei 35 and opened it up. I've always been fascinated by the innards of fine old mechanical tools.
My Rollei resides on the top shelf in the locker next to the Topcon, over the two Olympus OM-1. Shares the shelf with a couple of Vivitars for the OMs... :)

Back