Single In Single in October (SiO) 2021 - day 20

Organic Homemade Dark Chocolate - I prefer 98-99% cocoa but I found out I was the only one who's able to eat such. This one is 72%. I may try 85-88% next time.
P1001833.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I find myself continually looking forwards to seeing your portrait work, Bobby - your portraits are so compelling and so good, for so many reasons - but this particular one has to be one of my favorites. Both because of the play of light and shadow - and his thoughtful expression - and probably some other things I can't quite put my finger on. But they all add up to a great image.

Strong shot, Bobby!

I find myself continually looking forwards to seeing your portrait work, Bobby - your portraits are so compelling and so good, for so many reasons - but this particular one has to be one of my favorites. Both because of the play of light and shadow - and his thoughtful expression - and probably some other things I can't quite put my finger on. But they all add up to a great image.
Thank you very much, Matt and Miguel.

Rummaging through a few mountains of odds and ends, out in an old outbuilding where skis and backpacks and other essentials are stored, I found some ancient possessions of my sister, a paleontologist who had a fondness for both rocks and eccentric odds and ends. This particular straw basket contained, among other things, a wooden egg puzzle (a distant cousin to a Rubik's cube), and another egg, of the decorated variety.

XPro3_Oct20_21_decorative_eggs.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's strange how glimpsing once-familiar-but-long-forgotten objects.... can bring back distant memories.

Back