Single In Single in October (SiO) 2021 - day 23

0D7A1868.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hanging around the hut this weekend. No clouds this morning, boring clear blue sky. I'll see what tomorrow looks like.

Updated airshow prep snap. Yes, a vest. Geeking out. New more comfortable strap. Updated memory cards (from 32GB V30 to 64GB V90).
original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 275146

Had to go for a safety shot, today. Stems from last Saturday, and have had a rather horrible powerline edited out (somewhat).

Looking at all your LX7 images this month, Jens, reminds me what a great little camera it is. And you are really doing nice work with yours.

Looking at all your LX7 images this month, Jens, reminds me what a great little camera it is. And you are really doing nice work with yours.
Thanks, Miguel.
I am somewhat smitten by it, it is a mighty fine camera, but if I should be entirely rational, it is somewhat dated. Am building a EDC system around the model, though. Must admit I have oogled the LX10/15, but cant really see to shake the feeling that they dumbed that one down somewhat, even if there are solid upgrades in sensor and stabilisation. :drinks:

Nothing wrong with a vest. I covet the lens, however.

Yeah, I'm just reacting a bit jokingly to the fact that a lot of people highly dislike vests. I pretty much decided I'd never use one, but... never say never. If that's what I need to use, I will.

Fuji knocked another one out of the park with the 100-400 IMHO. I bought a 70-300, then used it side by side with the 100-400. The 70-300 isn't a bad lens, it's just that my 100-400 is a better performer in all aspects except MFD and sharpness at MFD, where my 70-300 actually does better. And the lack of an IS switch on the lens drives me nuts because I have to menu dive to change IS settings. Even though I wanted to cut weight for the airshow, I just can't not take the 100-400. I guess I've been a little spoiled.

It's like back in my Nikon days with the 70-300VR vs the 70-200/2.8 VR + 1.4TC. The 70-200 just performed at a higher level, but I used the 70-300 when I really needed to cut size and weight.

Last edited:
Back