Single In Single in October (SiO) 2021 - day 27

"It's gettin' late, I need a photo of something..."

R0002991.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Somehow I imagined you’d have a better coffee maker, since you do seem to enjoy the simple better things in life. Lovely picture though.

Well... (confession follows) I actually have several other really fine coffee-making devices - one an Illy Espresso machine, another a beautifully-designed stovetop espresso maker by Alessi - not to mention a Bodum French press pot and my cute little Aeropress device - so this Senseo is almost #5 on the list. But it actually can be tweaked to produce much finer coffee than most casual users suspect. As they say, "variety is the spice of life".

Well... (confession follows) I actually have several other really fine coffee-making devices - one an Illy Espresso machine, another a beautifully-designed stovetop espresso maker by Alessi - not to mention a Bodum French press pot and my cute little Aeropress device - so this Senseo is almost #5 on the list. But it actually can be tweaked to produce much finer coffee than most casual users suspect. As they say, "variety is the spice of life".
I’m happy to learn I wasn’t wrong. ;-)
I’m curious about the Alessi pot. The design by Michele de Lucchi , Aldo Rossi, Richard Sapper, or someone else? I was in Omegna last summer break to get a stovetop for my induction plate. It was great fun to run around the factory store.

Between our drip Bunn coffeemaker, three different french presses, a plug-in moka pot an old campfire percolator I understand what you mean.

I’m happy to learn I wasn’t wrong. ;-)
I’m curious about the Alessi pot. The design by Michele de Lucchi , Aldo Rossi, Richard Sapper, or someone else? I was in Omegna last summer break to get a stovetop for my induction plate. It was great fun to run around the factory store.

The particular Alessi I have was a variation on the classic original stovetop espresso design (which was by Bialetti, if I'm not mistaken); my variation (called the 'Moka') was designed by the legendary English architect, David Chipperfield. As you can see, my own copy is a bit on the well-used and dinged-up side - but it's one of the cooler designs I've ever seen. And it makes fabulous coffee.

EP4_Oct28_21_Alessi_stovetop_espresso.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I eat spoonfuls of Nescafé and wash it down with boiling water.

Back