Single In Single in October (SiO) 2021 - day 5

I like the spring colour tones on this tree.
P1000963.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Now, I have gone out for the challenge today but it's a shot from inside that's made today's post as it reflects how I feel atm. Sitting on this chair as opposed to spending time out today just seems more appealing. Very sharp windy spitty rain out there as I type this. Image hasn't been cropped, I made sure it took up all of the frame.
DSC_4809 copy.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Please may I "play"? I apologise for my tardiness but I only yesterday received my new GRIIIx and this seems like a good opportunity to both give it a try and post some examples.

To start, I offer this "fallen angel"
View attachment 272447
Hey, Bill, be our guest - however, I at least expect you to post an image from the GR IIIx in all threads we've had so far ;)

Just kidding, of course. Honestly, feel free - though I'd really appreciate the (additional) samples. This is *the* camera I'm trying not to desire ...

M.

Sounds about par for the course here.
To be completely honest, I'd love to be able to pit the GR IIIx against the Z 40mm f/2 without being forced to buy the Ricoh ...

That said, I have a strange kind of love-hate relationship with the GR III - I truely love the results as well as the overall handling, but dislike the camera's prerequisites for framing (focus breathing, no finder). Of course, things are not all bad and often work - but I sometimes(!) find myself unable to get the exact image I wanted in a reasonable amout of time. It can all be worked around, of course, by (e.g.) framing loosely or re-framing after focusing (and then focusing again, of course). Touch to focus helps (as, I think, indicated by Ray in a different thread), but doesn't solve the underlying issue (because it can't be solved - it's down to physics). But *if* I get the image, the lens delivers - and then some. I've yet to own a better 28mm-e ... and that includes my venerable Leica Elmarit-M 28mm f/2.8 (non-ASPH., but renowned to be a very good performer). It trumps the original GR (APS-C) lens, too. So, as a camera, it's all good. As a tool, *I* tend to struggle. But never long enough and hard enough to want to sell the GR III in earnest ...

M.

Back