Single In Single in October (SiO) 2021 - day 5

Euonymus fortunei, Wintercreeper. One of many invasive Asian plants that have spread across the American landscape, often displacing indigenous flora. The tree the vine is choking is Acer saccharinum, Silver Maple.

Day 5.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Almost a quarter of my small adopted hometown in southern Oregon was burned to ashes, in a catastrophic and unanticipated wildfire, a bit more than a year ago. Today, most if not all of the formerly devastated areas are in the process of rehabilitation and reconstruction; it's amazing how human enclaves can adapt and survive. But here and there, there are still pockets with parts of the former devastation in evidence - like this burned truck, that sits alone, in an area of the highway that burned, with the blackened trees of the former bike path in the background, and behind them, a stretch of green where the fire never reached some trees. And behind all of that, the foothills of the (volcanic) Cascade Mountain range, to the East.

XPro3_Oct5_21_landscape_w-burned_truck.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Change is the one constant.

I know ... daft, isn't it? :p

M.
I probably shouldn't admit to having this very same thought. However, Bill has a functional index finger (and maybe others after he reads this) and knows how to point a camera, which is most of my skill set. So, if I set sufficiently large error bars, his stuff will be within 4 or 5 standard deviations of what I could do with the camera. Science, right?

Back