Single In Single in October (SiO) 2021 - discussion

As mentioned in other threads, I am switching out my camera body sometime in a few days. Which means it will have to change for the remainder of the challenge as the Pro2 will be getting sold. But the lens will remain as is for the remainder.

As mentioned in other threads, I am switching out my camera body sometime in a few days. Which means it will have to change for the remainder of the challenge as the Pro2 will be getting sold. But the lens will remain as is for the remainder.

Just give me a heads-up when it happens ...

M.
I may be doing the same. I'll post more over in the personal gear review later about what it. But I'm going to list the X100v for sale while I have an active FM account.

I may be doing the same. I'll post more over in the personal gear review later about what it. But I'm going to list the X100v for sale while I have an active FM account.
That's exactly why I've been working out which gear I want to work with for a long while. My sell account will be expiring soon and I'm going to let it go.

All - Sorry I stopped participating in the thread . I was called to the field and didn't have the time or capacity up take, process and upload any photos. Not sue I'll have an opportunity to shoot everyday due to the field work regimen. I'll still shoot when I can and post in other threads.

I'm actually looking forward to next Single in, already, with my new-to-me Leica SL 😂

D2EB0F93-BE0B-4D2D-8FBF-29E49EB9E040.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm actually looking forward to next Single in, already, with my new-to-me Leica SL 😂

View attachment 274264
That lens was the sole reason I had such a hard time selling my Sony gear - and also the reason I almost bought the Panasonic S5 - when it came out, it was bundled with the kit lens and the Sigma 45mm around here ... I came extremely close, if only for a FF body with two worthwhile lenses in a very attractive package indeed ...

M.

This Sigma+SL combo seems very capable indeed. However I might need to adjust post-processing a bit, to downgrade sharpening.

F2.8 is not so fast, but on the pros -side, one doesn't exaggerate on bokeh so easy.

After 18 days of randomising the filter choices in the Kultcamera app, I think I've settled on 2 mixtures that I'll stick with for the rest of the month. I have changed my non-smartphone kit but I'll keep on with the phone for this challenge. It's certainly convenient and I've been quite pleased with a few of the images captured.
I’ve loved seeing the images your making with your phone and kultcamera.

Even though the decision of which camera to use was a given, as I stumbled onto the challenge October first and had shot some frames on that day, with the then new to me LX7, I am somewhat glad I did. I like that little powerhouse quite a lot, and would buy it again (in fact I did, actually bought two more of them for a song due to the fact that I will continue using it for as long as they work and I can get batteries for them).

"Experimenting" with that and the Topaz suite, I think the combo somewhat makes up for the age of the camera, as the raw files from it polishes up very nicely in the Topaz suite, running for the most parts on auto. Not that I use it on all the pictures posted and I could probably use it less than what I do, but then again I am somewhat of a luddite in the editing dept.

The challenge as it is, disciplines me into actually carrying a camera every day again, and that is rather swell, as is the one camera thing, where I am obliged to use the same camera through-out the month, effectively caps the conundrum of what to choose for any given day. A situation which typically leads me somewhat into "paralysis by analysis" territory, which for now is effectively stopped.

Sorry I got delayed and dumped 4 days worth of daily images on folks. The good news was that despite how busy things got during my last couple of days there, I was able to keep up and carry the camera with me every day. That discipline has been almost as good as the discipline of using only the single lens - and there are times I'd have loved to have had both my 35 & my 90 to hand down there! Still good work and fun.

Been on the road and intermittently walking in the heat & sun all afternoon, I'm tired. If I can get to sleep early enough and get up early, and if the forecast still has clouds in the morning up north of here, I'll be heading out as early as I can for some more scenic shots. Then back to the hut to start prepping for a med procedure Thursday. Not sure how much time I'll feel like spending on the interwebs Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday's shot will be a grab shot around the apartment. If I feel OK, Friday I might go to Pima Air & Space Museum. Posting might be sporadic until the weekend.

Back